Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How helpful was your SO during the first couple of weeks?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:45 AM
  • 44 Replies

How helpful was your SO during the first couple of weeks after baby was born?

My husband is always helpful but he was super helpful after each of our babie were born.

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:51 AM
hes helpful and protective of both of us
Sofia413
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:24 AM
He was amazing!!! =) I guess he is alright now =P.
mamabens
by Miranda on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:37 AM

I'm spoiled anyway & he spoils me even more after a baby. For the first probbly 6 months or so I don't have to do much when hes home he knows babies eat a LOT so he jsut takes over & lets me nurse constantly. lol

BabyFruit Ticker

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:42 AM
My husband is helpful with the older kids.
jeniprice
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:49 AM
My hubby took care of our 18 month old and ran my 15 year old daughter around. I did most of the work with the new little man because he was attached to my boob 24/7. He took 8 weeks off of work. He has to go back on Monday and I'm stressing about how I'm going to manage every evening without him! He works until midnight.
He is an awesome help!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM
When he's home my husband is absolutely amazing. However he deploys a lot so he hasn't been home all that often when our children were newly born.
jendigme
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM
He was pretty great like the first 4 weeks or so, he's still great now just maybe not as helpful. My dd is now 8 months though he does help me out with my older dd though. At least we're not out numbered :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Not much he can do. He would take them so I could nap if they were fed and clean if they were awake.
He kept DD occupied.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
He was awesome! He can't cook to save his life but the next morning after coming home I got breakfast: scrambled eggs with carrots, LOL! It was supposedto be tomatoes but we didn't have any so my dd decided carrots were the best way to go, trying to be healthy. After that we had take out for about a week then I finally convinced him I was ok to cook. :-P
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM
He vanished. I never saw him. If I hunted him down and askef him to do anything I got shit on for needing help.
Pretty obvious I didn't keep him around;-)
My current SO is amazing. He helps my son get to sleep on nights when nursing is killing me. Ds is about to be 2 and most days 5 min is all I can handle and I'm just squirming to be done. Idk why.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)