Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby wearing mamas(somewhat ot)?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:06 AM
  • 23 Replies
Which baby carrier do you use?

Can you nurse in it well? Hands free?

I'm trying to figure out what is the most comfortable carrier for nursing, and just being an active walker. I'm a big woman and my breasts are likely going to be a DDD by the time this baby comes... But a floppy DDD. I have nursed before but not in a carrier... I really need to figure out how to once baby comes, because my husband will be gone 7 weeks when the baby is less than a month old and I have two other kids to worry about too. I was looking at the Moby, Ergo, and Infantino Sash Mei Tai carrier.

I can't stop thinking about when the baby is here and I have to transport all three kids so I can go grocery shopping without my husband... It is getting overwhelming and I'm not even very far along lol.
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3tobe13
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:13 AM

BUMP!

shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:08 AM
I currently have a moby and after some practice I can nurse in it. DS2 is over 17lbs now so I will not be able to use it much longer.
I really would love a Mai Tai. The ones I've seen can be used as front carry and back. I wish I had put the money I used for the moby towards the Mai Tai.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:12 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005C9ODQ6/ref=aw_ls__4?colid=1L5LU98KWKWTE&coliid=ID00NXEHVW800

Sorry it isn't clicky, but this is the Mei Tai one that I was thinking of getting... It isn't the actual brand... It is Infantino brand so there are differences, but it can be used as a backpack or on the front or side. I liked it because it has the buckle on the bottom and seems easier to immediately use. I also liked that it was only about $35 lol.

Quoting shortyali:

I currently have a moby and after some practice I can nurse in it. DS2 is over 17lbs now so I will not be able to use it much longer.

I really would love a Mai Tai. The ones I've seen can be used as front carry and back. I wish I had put the money I used for the moby towards the Mai Tai.
shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:36 AM
That's the one I was looking at but I was looking at babies r us and its a bit more expensive there, lol. I can't swing the extra money right now but I would go with that one if I could go back to when I bought the moby with DD.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005C9ODQ6/ref=aw_ls__4?colid=1L5LU98KWKWTE&coliid=ID00NXEHVW800

Sorry it isn't clicky, but this is the Mei Tai one that I was thinking of getting... It isn't the actual brand... It is Infantino brand so there are differences, but it can be used as a backpack or on the front or side. I liked it because it has the buckle on the bottom and seems easier to immediately use. I also liked that it was only about $35 lol.

Quoting shortyali:

eatyourveges
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:49 AM
It's on sale at babies r us for $35 right now, I bought it yesterday :-) I love it so far!

Haven't nursed kn it though

Quoting shortyali:

That's the one I was looking at but I was looking at babies r us and its a bit more expensive there, lol. I can't swing the extra money right now but I would go with that one if I could go back to when I bought the moby with DD.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting shortyali:

schultzal
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:50 AM
I have and a Boba and love it. I can nurse in it by loosening the back strap and letting my daughter down a little lower. I just tighten it back up when she's done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willsmoms
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Ring slings are good for nursing in.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:53 AM
I use a wrap, kind of like a moby but thicker material. I never figured out how to have him sideways, like in the cradle position. He nurses upright so all I have to do is loosen the wrap a bit to get him in position. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out with the unborn. I've heard many good things about nursing in a mei tie, and was supposed to get one for my birthday, but dh hasn't gotten it yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twogirl91
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I love my Ergo! It's the first carrier I've found that I can use that doesn't kill my back. My son was 9lbs 8oz when he was born, so a big baby to start out with. He's a year old and 26lbs and I can carry him in the Ergo for 3 hour before I even start getting tired. 

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I had a Moby when he was smaller, and a ring sling and Ergo now.

I got my ring sling for cheap at a consignment store (I don't think they knew how much it was originally), and I got my Ergo for 30% off at a sale at a local mama store.

They are both awesome for bigger babies, and the Moby was awesome for newborn. I love all of them, and I plan on selling them when I am done to make some of the money back... In a few years!!! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)