Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM
  • 20 Replies

Thaddy doesnt poop at night. not even a little bit. During the dy he poops during every feeding (not always enough to call it a dirty diaper, but always poops). For the morning feeding I think he is in a lot of pain from not pooping. Hes extremely fussy, will eat for about 7 minutes and then just cries for an hour or so until he finally poops, then he wants to finish eating (another 7-10 minutes) and then he goes to sleep. I dont know how to help him :( I feel so bad for him, plus, I lose out on sleep because of this! If we could just get him to poop hed go back to sleep! WE NEED HELP! 

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Have you asked his doctor about this? Painful poops every day are not normal. Ds only had that problem when he first started solids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twogirl91
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM

My oldest did the poop every feeding thing, if he didn't he screamed and cried. I tried everything, block feeding, cutting out soy(I already wasn't eating gluten or diary) and nothing seemed to work. Finally around 12 weeks he was able to poop no problem and was less fussy. My second son would only poop every other day, the day he pooped he was fine, but the day he didn't he would scream and cry like he was in pain and again it lasted until about 10weeks old. 

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried massaging his tummy, pedaling his legs, or gently pressing his knees to his chest?

jesuschild06
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM

no. I forgot to write it on my questions list, but I am looking for a new pediatrician anyways. Ill be calling around later today. The one he has is dumb. And I dont believe she does a thorough examination. I felt this way the first visit but figured I was being overly protective or something. Then his one month appt my mom came and told me she doesnt like the way the PED does the job, and said shes not thorough enough. She didnt look at his ircumcision his first appt or his monthly. I asked if his testicles were swollen and she undid one flap of the diaper and stuck her hand in there (WITHOUT gloves!) and felt for 2 seconds (literally). She never even looked at them. I asked her if he has a lip tie and she asked me what that was. My mom asked if he has a lazy eye and she asked what that was. 

And what really made me upset was when she went to look in his ears he was crying and throwing his head around and she kept trying to stick this thing in his ear without holding his head. Never asked me to hold his head or anything. After she quickly pulled it away to avoid it shoving into his eardrum twice I realized she wasnt going to hold his head at all so I did. he could have made him deaf!!!!!! (the first visit she never looked in his ears or anything.

Ugh, sorry, minor vent. The morning poop is the only poop there is a problem. I dont know why he doesnt poop at night. He doesnt poop his last feeding, or the middle of the night feeding, or imbetween. The last time he poops is about 7-8pm, and then the morning feeding is usually about 9am.

Quoting polkaspots:

Have you asked his doctor about this? Painful poops every day are not normal. Ds only had that problem when he first started solids.

jesuschild06
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:45 AM

:( Hes only a month old. I dont want him in this pain for that long!

Quoting twogirl91:

My oldest did the poop every feeding thing, if he didn't he screamed and cried. I tried everything, block feeding, cutting out soy(I already wasn't eating gluten or diary) and nothing seemed to work. Finally around 12 weeks he was able to poop no problem and was less fussy. My second son would only poop every other day, the day he pooped he was fine, but the day he didn't he would scream and cry like he was in pain and again it lasted until about 10weeks old. 

jesuschild06
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:46 AM

nope....... didnt have a clue how to help him. is there a certain way I should massage his tummy? should I do circular motions or just massage down or?

I will try all these!

Quoting K8wizzo:

Have you tried massaging his tummy, pedaling his legs, or gently pressing his knees to his chest?

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a great massage to do: http://www.lalecheleague.org/nb/nbjanfeb98p13.html

Quoting jesuschild06:

nope....... didnt have a clue how to help him. is there a certain way I should massage his tummy? should I do circular motions or just massage down or?

I will try all these!

Quoting K8wizzo:

twogirl91
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I hope you figure something out, I kept trying different things. :( Baths seemed to help soothe it a little, rubbing their tummies and moving their legs, gas drops and gripe water, but nothing 100% fixed it. My guess is some babies take longer to adjust to the outside world and their digestive systems are just still trying to figure things out. I'm so glad I chose to breastfeed my babies though, it's the easiest on babies tummies so I can't imagine what formula would have done to my kids.

Quoting jesuschild06:

Quoting twogirl91:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I'd be looking very carefully at your own diet. Sounds like there's something being ingested in the afteroon/early evening that's not working for him.

jesuschild06
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM
He didnt have this problem until i started using gas drops because he wasnt burping (i had started eating a few new foods. I took them out of my diet and have only added one back in. He can burp now. weve stopped the gas drops. But he still isnt pooping at night).

Quoting twogirl91:

I hope you figure something out, I kept trying different things. :( Baths seemed to help soothe it a little, rubbing their tummies and moving their legs, gas drops and gripe water, but nothing 100% fixed it. My guess is some babies take longer to adjust to the outside world and their digestive systems are just still trying to figure things out. I'm so glad I chose to breastfeed my babies though, it's the easiest on babies tummies so I can't imagine what formula would have done to my kids.

Quoting jesuschild06:

Quoting twogirl91:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)