Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Did you know newborn baths are a booby trap??

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabens
by Miranda on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Makes sense to me!

BabyFruit Ticker

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I made sure to always stay with my babies, except my first i wasnt allowed to for the first 16 hour. I dont know if they bathed him or not, but not being with me did make breastfeeding challenging. I.had no issues with the.other children who.nursed immediately and we bathed days later.
RandiBear
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Unfortunately I can't do immediate breastfeeding. I have to have c sections. After my son was born though, I did practice kangaroo care. He was a champ at breastfeeding.

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM
None of mine were bathed right away. My first was stubborn and was fed bm from a cup after I nursed him for over 4 weeks.
My 2nd was a preemie. I ebf her after she came home from the hospital and caught on. Which was really fast.
My baby nursed right away. She latched right on and we never looked back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeandglory53
by Amy on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM

My first was whisked away to the NICU immediately after birth because she had meconium possibly in her lungs. I didn't get to see her for 6 hours. I finally told the nurses I'm wanting to breastfeed this child, I would like to get that started. They finally brought her to me. She's the only one of my children who breastfed past a year.

The rest of them, they washed 'em up and gave 'em back to me immediately to start the nursing process. (This was also a different hospital.) IDK, but like most things, people are different, so I guess sometimes it just doesn't matter ;)

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM
All three of my babies were bathed after birth, and the first 2 were bf for a year and the youngest one is still bf at 2 years.
justone_jen
by Jen on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Makes sense. I had meconium, so they wiped her down right next to me and then put her on my chest. Maybe that wasn't necessary. Nursing strong at 16 months!
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I didn't know that with my first and I was in lots and lots of pain and #2 was born and forgot to say anything. #3 won't be bathed until we get home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM
My last one was the only one not bathed right away. The only difference I've noticed between him and DD is he has put on more weight an fast than she did but I also blame the TT's for that. Hers was really bad an we didn't get the referral to get it clipped until she was 9 months. DS2's isn't as bad and we haven't had it clipped yet because the closest ENT that does them will only do as out patient and now that I know more about baby's and anesthesia I'm going to wait it out. Unless I can find a Ped dentist in the mean time.
gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Yeah I knew, but it happened in our situation anyway. I didn't have control over it because they drugged me. That is the only thing they did I didn't agree to. But they had him back to me in an hour. I was still drugged when they brought him back. He screamed around my boob. Thankffully no real harm was done in our case. :) Hubby was with baby the whole time he was away. He knew guard the baby, or else. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)