Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Had a panic attack today about the virgin gut.

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

Lily has a virgin gut.  She's 5 3/4 months old and solids, frankly, terrify me.  She was a preemie and I'm so proud of us - no bottles, no formula.  

Today my mom was making chocolate cake for dessert and my step dad and I were sitting outside and he told me "I opened the frosting and gave her some on my finger and she loved it".  I panicked.  I didn't want to flip and yell but I wanted to flip and yell.  

How dare he?!?!  My baby! Her perfect gut! So I cried.  A lot.  I think I got out "she hasn't had anything but breastmilk.  I wanted to feed her solids first.  It was going to be avacado". Cry*tear*bawl.  My mom walked out and was like "WTH is going on?"  He told her and she goes "no you didn't."  I thought she was going to punch him.  Then he goes "I've been sitting here telling her I didn't but she's crying too hard to hear me".  

So he was joking.  WORST.JOKE.EVER.  I made my mom show me the frosting cup.  It was still full with no marks in it like had swiped a finger in there. 

He knows now to NEVER joke about it.  Poor guy.  He really thought he was being funny.  He didnt realize how seriosuly I take this!

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
twogirl91
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Awww....my second son didn't get solids until he was almost 9months old. And he didn't even care for them then, he didn't really start eating anything until a year old. My mom EBF my oldest brother for 18months.

SadieJames
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm TOTALLY okay with waiting until forever lol.  My step dad is older (67) and just wants to experience a baby again so he's rushing milestones.  I was just so crushed at the idea of not being the one to feed her AND it being chocolate flipping frosting lol.

hes funny though.  I cosleep, EBF, babywear etc.  he said dd is the most pleasant baby he's ever seen : ) he told me "your crazy ways apparently work". Gee, thanks lol.

Quoting twogirl91:

Awww....my second son didn't get solids until he was almost 9months old. And he didn't even care for them then, he didn't really start eating anything until a year old. My mom EBF my oldest brother for 18months.

twogirl91
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

lol....good to see it actually works. I would be an out cast in my family if I didn't do all those things, my mom breastfed and so did my MIL. They always joke that my breast milk is pure cream because my youngest son is so chunky. 

Quoting SadieJames:

I'm TOTALLY okay with waiting until forever lol.  My step dad is older (67) and just wants to experience a baby again so he's rushing milestones.  I was just so crushed at the idea of not being the one to feed her AND it being chocolate flipping frosting lol.

hes funny though.  I cosleep, EBF, babywear etc.  he said dd is the most pleasant baby he's ever seen : ) he told me "your crazy ways apparently work". Gee, thanks lol.

Quoting twogirl91:

LilMrs224
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM

What is the big deal about virgin gut? not judging I really am curious.

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM
My hubby is SO excited for solids. I secretly wish we could wait til one. I am not ready! Ash will be 6 months Saturday. We agreed to wait until the 22nd of next month before we will even consider it. Since he was born early. He hasn't reached the other milestones for bls yet either so hopefully it will be longer. I don't know why I am dreading it...

I would have flipped out! I am so glad it was only a joke! A very unfunny one.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Best info here: http://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/delay-solids/

Quoting LilMrs224:

What is the big deal about virgin gut? not judging I really am curious.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM
My dh is the same

Quoting AspensMama1537:

My hubby is SO excited for solids. I secretly wish we could wait til one. I am not ready! Ash will be 6 months Saturday. We agreed to wait until the 22nd of next month before we will even consider it. Since he was born early. He hasn't reached the other milestones for bls yet either so hopefully it will be longer. I don't know why I am dreading it...

I would have flipped out! I am so glad it was only a joke! A very unfunny one.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Hugs mama! Glad he really didnt do it!
MrsAmundson23
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Aww! Mean joke! I'm glad he didn't do it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN