Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Info for dr

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to do research during my pregnancy about breastfeeding for when the baby is born. I want to look up diaper changes, bottles, weight gain and everything in case my Dr gives me a hard time about weight gain and such... I want to have all of my information prepared... I am also worried about my family giving me a hard time like they did with my other 2... Any links or charts would be appreciated to get my information all set and ready.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM
There will be loss for at least the first week. Then an average of a pound a month after that. You need one diaper per day of life. Then six diapers with two quarter sized poops mixed in. Poops count as two, soaked counts as two. Bottles are not necessary unless you plan on leaving baby. Dad can bond other ways that won't cause flow ppreference. And if you leave baby, only leave 1-1.25 Oz per hour of separation given in bottles no bigger than three ounces every 2.5-3 hours.
shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Kellymom.com. That is your go to site.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Family is for ignoring. To the point of not seeing them if you have to, for severe cases.

Evrything you want is indeed on kellymom.com.

emkirkley
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM

http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/weight-gain/

there's a starting place

I had one at the top of the growth range, one at the bottom and one in the middle.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM
This! Basically everything you would need to know is on that site. Every article has references. There are some written by doctors. Look up Dr. Jack Newman also. His website has great information as well. Dr. Jay Gordon has good info also.

Quoting shortyali:

Kellymom.com. That is your go to site.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN