Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

i need some positive ways to explain

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 22 Replies
To my dh that when u are three weeks pp you shouldnt be super cleaning ur house...or doing much of anything other than bfing and sleeping and eating...he thinks i should be doing everything in the house from cleaning to cooking....=/ cuz hes working and im staying home!
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Haha, what a joke. Men are ridiculous. I'm still not all back after four months. Just do what you can and tell him if its not good enough then he should help. My bf tried saying stuff like that...being a mom is a 24hr job that doesn't pay the bills. Yes its very rewarding but men don't understand what it feels like to have to choose between a shower or food.
CatFishMom
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Call your doctor and have him fax over a list of what you should be doing. Problem solved.

hopeandglory53
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM

HA, my husband learned very quickly you can't make me do shit, but if you ask nicely, it'll probably get done for you. He also didn't get over that mentality that I should be able to have the house clean by the time he came home when my grandma passed away and he became stay at home dad for a week. That experience changed him, and now he tells me to get out of the house once in a while, get away from the kids, have a day to myself, etc.

MamaDee83
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Um, yeah, he's living in a dream world....

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Oh, Lord, if my dh tried that on me he'd better realize that baby was going to be an only child, if you catch my drift. When I was discharged from the hospital after my first, they have me papers that said I wasn't supposed to lift anything heavier than the baby, minimal stairs, no soaking in bathtub, no driving, for 6 weeks. Actually I think that's a bit over-restrictive but you better bet I'd be showing him the doctor's orders if he tried to pull that. Please tell me he isn't expecting you to resume your "wifely duties" in the bedroom, too. When you are getting 8 hours of sleep and the baby is in school, you can jump back into your old routine. Post partum moms are supposed to get pampered. If you haven't already experienced it, doing too much too soon will get your post partum bleeding worked back up.
spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Ha my wifely duties in the bedroom will not be resuming until i feel ready! And im about ready to hand this baby over to him and go to sd where my dd is visiting her bio dad...and yes i am ebfing ...grrr

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Oh, Lord, if my dh tried that on me he'd better realize that baby was going to be an only child, if you catch my drift. When I was discharged from the hospital after my first, they have me papers that said I wasn't supposed to lift anything heavier than the baby, minimal stairs, no soaking in bathtub, no driving, for 6 weeks. Actually I think that's a bit over-restrictive but you better bet I'd be showing him the doctor's orders if he tried to pull that. Please tell me he isn't expecting you to resume your "wifely duties" in the bedroom, too. When you are getting 8 hours of sleep and the baby is in school, you can jump back into your old routine. Post partum moms are supposed to get pampered. If you haven't already experienced it, doing too much too soon will get your post partum bleeding worked back up.
thundersky
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

tell him that if you dont take it easy the first few weeks to 6 weeks you can start to hemorage and end up in the hospital. also the baby is going to need you 24/7. just because they are no longer inside dosent mean thay dont need you any less.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh, that's easy, hon. 

Hand the baby to him the next time he's home. Go out for four hours, no less than that. And DO NOT answer your phone.

Did that to my husband. When I got back, his hair was standing on end and he said, "I am NEVER complaining again!"

Know what? He never has. And it's been 14 years!

spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:20 AM

it wont hurt her to not eat for that long rite?

Quoting gdiamante:

Oh, that's easy, hon. 

Hand the baby to him the next time he's home. Go out for four hours, no less than that. And DO NOT answer your phone.

Did that to my husband. When I got back, his hair was standing on end and he said, "I am NEVER complaining again!"

Know what? He never has. And it's been 14 years!

ninastone
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree with the ladies ^^^.  My DH got crazy when he saw the list of "allowed" activities. He seriously didn't even want me to drive to my 6 week pp check because it was not on the list of allowed activities. Get your doctor to give you a list, or find one on the internet. Tell him you love him, but you just pushed a human out of your vagina and now you are going to take a break from housework, damnit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN