Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

spitting up a lot.

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 18 Replies
Autumn keeps spitting up lots of chunky milk. I haven't had anything new in my diet. Any ideas? She's on demand/scheduled feedings.
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Candie1015
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I would call her pediatrician and talk to him/her. Sometimes babies can start out doing good with milk and then all of a sudden become lactose intolerant or develop some other type of allergy.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Did she get too hot maybe? Any other symptoms?
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Really? I didn't know that. i thought it was her nursing schedule before so i moved it to every 2 hrs to every 3 hrs.

Quoting Candie1015:

I would call her pediatrician and talk to him/her. Sometimes babies can start out doing good with milk and then all of a sudden become lactose intolerant or develop some other type of allergy.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM
She's teething but i didn't think that would do anything with it. She's not too hot. She's always in just diaper and when i feed her and when asleep fans on her constantly because she sweats a lot.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Actually teething can cause babies to spit up. The extra saliva that's produced causes them to gag which would bring up the partially digested milk you're seeing.

Quoting mama-smurf:

She's teething but i didn't think that would do anything with it. She's not too hot. She's always in just diaper and when i feed her and when asleep fans on her constantly because she sweats a lot.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Quoting Candie1015:

This infant is on breast milk only, not cows milk.
Candie1015
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
No need to get rude and I am not dumb but if momma drinks cows milk the so does baby just like with peanut butter. If she eats it babies gonna drink it. That is why while I am breast feeding I still stay away from caffeine and anything else I can't have during pregnancy.

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting Candie1015:

This infant is on breast milk only, not cows milk.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:20 PM
That makes a lot of sense. Well, i hope teething stops soon. She spits up a whole lot. Coughs too from it.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Actually teething can cause babies to spit up. The extra saliva that's produced causes them to gag which would bring up the partially digested milk you're seeing.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting MusherMaggie:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:53 AM

There was no rudeness, just a clarification. We've all been through quite a bit with Felisha and Autumn here, and what's reported really does sound like either teething spitup or possibly a bug and not dairy.

The pregnancy restrictions disappeared the moment the cord was cut; you likely can have all the things you avoided. I understand iuf you don't want to experiment.

Quoting Candie1015:

No need to get rude and I am not dumb but if momma drinks cows milk the so does baby just like with peanut butter. If she eats it babies gonna drink it. That is why while I am breast feeding I still stay away from caffeine and anything else I can't have during pregnancy.

Candie1015
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:09 AM
I just go by what my dr tells me. I was a diabetic with my daughter and will more then likely be with this one. So until that goes away and baby is clear I make sure and avoid starches and anything else that turns to sugar. I mean what we eat does get transferred to our babies through or milk and I am just saying that it isn't rare for kids or babies to have milk or peanut allergies. I agree though it does seem like it is just teething. I had even typed that in right after she wrote about how her baby is teething cause my daughter did the same though she never had chunks with hers and apparently that reply never went through. Yes you are right though I play everything safe. Once you loose a kid you loose a part of you and you are forever paranoid I guess.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)