Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I don't get enogorged anymore...drying up?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM
  • 24 Replies

So I'll admit I slack with pumping when my daughter sleeps for like 6-7 hours. I usually sleep with her and forget to pump then wake up engorged. It's been 6 hours and I'm not engorged when I usually would be...am I drying up??

Oh and she is 2 months

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:30 AM
2 moms liked this

how old is she?

you're probably just regulating. they finally get used to how much they're supposed to produce, and they don't go all go-go-gadget milk on you.

Let the sisters take care of themselves, and make themselves beautiful, and if any of you are so superstitious and ignorant as to say that this is pride, I can say that you are not informed as to the pride which is sinful before the Lord. You are also ignorant as to the excellency of the heavens and the beauty which dwells in the society of the Gods. Were you to see an angel, you would see a beautiful and lovely creature. Make yourselves like angels in goodness and beauty. ~Brigham Young
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:31 AM

2 months

Quoting AngryBob:

how old is she?

you're probably just regulating. they finally get used to how much they're supposed to produce, and they don't go all go-go-gadget milk on you.

AngryBob
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:33 AM

sounds pretty normal to me. what is the diaper count?

Let the sisters take care of themselves, and make themselves beautiful, and if any of you are so superstitious and ignorant as to say that this is pride, I can say that you are not informed as to the pride which is sinful before the Lord. You are also ignorant as to the excellency of the heavens and the beauty which dwells in the society of the Gods. Were you to see an angel, you would see a beautiful and lovely creature. Make yourselves like angels in goodness and beauty. ~Brigham Young
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Like 8 and poops at every feeding

Quoting AngryBob:

sounds pretty normal to me. what is the diaper count?

AngryBob
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM

sounds perfectly normal to me! your supply just regulated, that's all. congrats on making it two months!!

coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Whew ok!! And thanks =]

Quoting AngryBob:

sounds perfectly normal to me! your supply just regulated, that's all. congrats on making it two months!!

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Not drying up st all--diaper count is superb! You don't want to be engorged. A full, hard breast tells your body to slow production. Don't be alarmed when in about a month she starts wanting to nurse more frequently--there's a big growth spurt at 3 months and frequent nursing will build your supply. Are you pumping for work?
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I'm working from home so no need to

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Not drying up st all--diaper count is superb! You don't want to be engorged. A full, hard breast tells your body to slow production. Don't be alarmed when in about a month she starts wanting to nurse more frequently--there's a big growth spurt at 3 months and frequent nursing will build your supply. Are you pumping for work?

destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I never pump sometimes I get engorged and leak sometimes dont. I remember around that time thinking the same thing. Mines 4 months now.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM

No worries for you. Not being engorged is GOOD.

The ONLY sign of drying up is a lack of diapers. If you suddenly stop changing diapers, you've dried up. NOTHING ELSE COUNTS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN