Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

My nursing days are done forever : (

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM
  • 15 Replies
4 moms liked this
We made it 2 years and 2 months, and in the beginning, I didn't think I'd make it to the six month mark.

I miss it, but it's also a good feeling to know that we had that time together, for as long as we did.

Thanks for the support, you ladies were a great help through my nursing tantrums, lol!
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkfairy0206
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM
That's awesome! I know the feeling,I nursed my 3 daughters. Still my son,he's 2 1/2 and I'm wondering when he's gona quit! Lol I think its just a comfort for him really.
Simple-Beauty
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM
My son had only been nursing at nap time since his 2nd birthday, and I think he would have gone on forever if I had let him. He was only nursing for 5-ish minutes, just long enough to fall asleep, and only from one breast (left), it was becoming very painful, I could tell my supply was next to nothing.

I introduced a new naptime routine and for a week he wanted to hold a breast while drifting off, and after that, nothing!

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

That's awesome! I know the feeling,I nursed my 3 daughters. Still my son,he's 2 1/2 and I'm wondering when he's gona quit! Lol I think its just a comfort for him really.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Thats awesome momma WTG!

TigerMomLove
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I cried my eyes out when i realised it was over with my first!!! Good job nursing for that long. 

pinkfairy0206
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM
That's what he does,just to fall asleep! he neighs like a horse,when he wants to nurse! Lol I'll tell him no he flips out! My girls were done when they were done no turning back,it seems with him he's gonna b nursing when he gets home from school! Lol

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

My son had only been nursing at nap time since his 2nd birthday, and I think he would have gone on forever if I had let him. He was only nursing for 5-ish minutes, just long enough to fall asleep, and only from one breast (left), it was becoming very painful, I could tell my supply was next to nothing.

I introduced a new naptime routine and for a week he wanted to hold a breast while drifting off, and after that, nothing!

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Congratulations, Mama!

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Two years is great! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM
My dd just turned 2 this month and since we've been on vacation this month, she has wanted to nurse ALL.THE.TIME!! Even in the car while we are driving somewhere "Mama. I want chichi!" Ugh! It's so frustrating sometimes. I work full time and she has been down to went we get home, bedtime and at night. I'm just so ready to be done nursing her.
RyansMommie07
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:45 AM

same here. my youngest is almost a year old, but he hasnt taken the boob in 3 weeks already. the pain finally subsided, but im still pretty upset. no more babies for us, and i feel like im missing out on our cuddle times now :(

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Oh my! What is he eating? I've never heard of a baby self weaning that young.

Quoting RyansMommie07:

same here. my youngest is almost a year old, but he hasnt taken the boob in 3 weeks already. the pain finally subsided, but im still pretty upset. no more babies for us, and i feel like im missing out on our cuddle times now :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)