Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Hospital Grade Pump of Choice?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

I know in the resources post the Ameda Purely Yours is suggested for heavy use. 

I have a prescription for a hospital grade pump. It's covered 100%, no matter the cost. So what would be your #1 choice? The lactation consultant I saw suggested the Ameda brand.

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Hygeia Enjoye or Ameda Purely Yours. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

christababy
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I used the Medela Symphony and loved it!
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
The hygeia enjoye is the top of the line and they have excellent customer service.
SheciaBaby
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Ameda
igotheart
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I've only heard about the medela symphony which has amazing reviews on amazon. Haven't heard of the others mentioned.
shortyali
by Alicia on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Hygeia Enjoye hands down.
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Anything specific you like about any of those? Especially if you used multiple brands, any particular reason why you liked one over the other?

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

First...A Purely Yours is NOT a hospital grade pump but a high end home pump.

If they say "hospital grade pump" I would hold them to it and ask for the Ameda Elite or Platinum.  Those are "hospital grade" pumps.  

Now they probably actually mean a high end pump...stay away from Medela.  On principle alone they are not WHO compliant.  They are actually going after an IBCLC because she spoke about their Calma bottle not being very good.  They had a "study" of 16 babies....ooooh.  

Get either of these...

Ameda Purely Yours

Hygeia Enjoye

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I know the Purely Yours wasn't a hospital grade, it was listed on this group's resources post as a high end one. And yep, insurace covers the hospital grade--I have it even in writing. Thank you for the name of the "Elite" and "Platinum" on the Ameda site it's just called "hospital grade". I have to actually see what is in the medical supply store where I can use the prescription, hopefully they have one of those two in stock.

Quoting IrishIz:

First...A Purely Yours is NOT a hospital grade pump but a high end home pump.

If they say "hospital grade pump" I would hold them to it and ask for the Ameda Elite or Platinum.  Those are "hospital grade" pumps.  

Now they probably actually mean a high end pump...stay away from Medela.  On principle alone they are not WHO compliant.  They are actually going after an IBCLC because she spoke about their Calma bottle not being very good.  They had a "study" of 16 babies....ooooh.  

Get either of these...

Ameda Purely Yours

Hygeia Enjoye

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN