Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how many times in 24 hours should i be feeding my 7 month old?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:09 AM
  • 11 Replies
My almost 7 month old doesn't seem to be breast feeding very often! First thing, yes she gets solid, one serve per day, only about a table spoons worth. We nurse before solids. Today she has only nursed 4 times since midnight, and it is 4pm, does that seem enough to you. Yes she is having enough wet nappies, i guess I'm just curious how often other mums of 7 month olds nurse?
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepymommy87
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine fluctuated. Around that age she learned to crawl and nursed a lot less. Then she started nursing like a newborn. Then it slowed again. She always nursed when she wanted and i offered every few hours. Sometimes she wanted it sometimes she didn't. She's currently 17 months and nurses more than she did six or even eight months ago lol.just keep offering if it's worrisome to you. Good luck! :)
elzmnsf
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Not to worry, since the diaper count is good! The child becomes incredibly efficient at nursing after a time and is getting plenty! You are doing everything right. Solids have not become the main source of nutrition, you nurse first, and diapers are going well. Keep up the good work mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:37 AM
The month ds started to crawl he would either nurse all night and want nothing to do with me during the day or nurse a few times during the day and sleep like a rock. It's just a phase. There are so many new things for a baby that age, so nursing becomes less important until they're really hungry. And even if she doesn't start nursing more within a few days, you know it's just because she's not hungry. You're not filling her up on anything else and she's fine (from her diaper count)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missyice
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Ok thanks ladies! I just kinda freaked when i realised how little she had fed. She hasn't started crawling yet, but she is close. Ill possibly freak out more if she feeds even less than she does now!
tbursac777
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:47 AM

i feed my 7 month old about 5-6 times a day. but we get up alot at night still too :/

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM

They should nurse as often as they want. There's no set number. Four times is in the range of normal.

The only thing you coiunt is dipes. If you're not changing about 4-5, then offer more often.

krusesbaby
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
on demand. mine were about every 3-4 hrs and went from 9pm-7am without waking up.
ScarlettMyRuca
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM

My DD is 8 months now, and that's about how she does. It's normal, especially with them crawling around and getting into everything

hopeandglory53
by Amy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Mine seems to want to nurse every other hour, but only for a couple mins at a time.

ShanaMomOf2
by Shana on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Mine nurses about every 3-4 hours...he just started nursing a lot at night again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)