Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

growth spurt?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:05 AM
  • 6 Replies
DD will be 9months old in a week and suddenly she''s nursing every 2 hours at night. This has been going on for a week or so. Before that she slept about 4hours the 1st part and then woukd go 3hlurs twice.
I'm wondweing if it's a growth spurt or somethibg- I'm exausted. (Btw, she already cut her 1st 2 teetj at thw begibninf of June...)
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nurse-mommy
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry about the typos- dd was flailing as I was proofreading and managed to hit send and close the window!
tigerlily75
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds like my daughter she will 9 months on the 8th of july.  i have been up alot with her the past 4 nights. but she just started crawling but she is teething too. she had 4 teeth already 2 on top & bottom. is your daughter crawling or newly crawling ive read they like to practice their new skill at night too or maybe she is teething either way its no fun :(  also they do often go through a growth spurt at 9 months so its probably a combination of all three  good luck

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Between 8-10 months is a HUGE growth spurt and sleep regression. It's also the peak of separation anxiety, teething, and new milestones. My dd went through it the day she turned 9 months old and I didn't think we were going to survive it lol. It was a good 2-3 weeks for things to get back to normal. Hang in there mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Normal. Sleep patterns in year 1 are a temporary condition. Expect changes.

nurse-mommy
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Thanks! I thought there was a growth spurt around this time...
She isn't crawling yet, scooting and rolling. Although I find her on her belly and fussing when she wakes me. So maybe she is practicing.
I keep telling myself that this won't last forever!
angevil53
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
She might be mobile during the day too and nursing less so making up for it at night?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)