J.P. Rosenbaum & Ashley Hebert

Uh-oh. Looks like someone got a little bit Twitter happy and forgot that there are certain subjects that probably shouldn't be discussed via social media. Bachelorette winner J.P. Rosenbaum shared his thoughts on breastfeeding with his followers, and apparently he's not a huge fan of seeing boobs exposed in public.

He said, "Whats proper etiquette when it comes to breast feeding in public? What i saw this morn on NJ Transit was def pushin the envelope! #sideboob"

(And no, I didn't bother to correct his grammar or spelling. It's a tweet, for crying out loud.)

D'oh! I'll bet you can guess what happened next. Yep -- the Twitterverse got all bent out of shape because J.P. obviously knows nothing about breastfeeding and has no business tweeting about it.

And you have to admit, his comment does sound a bit on the offensive and ignorant side, which is exactly why we should let it slide and give him a pass on this one. Yes, I said we should let J.P. off the hook -- because he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. He and Ashley Hebert are still in the newlywed phase (barf), and they don't have kids yet. He's not a dad -- so I'm sure seeing anyone's breasts (other than Ashley's) makes him feel pretty uncomfortable and weird (unless he happens to be sitting in a strip club, of course).

Think about it for a second -- before you had kids, didn't you find it a little bit odd when you saw women breastfeeding in public? I know I did. Because all I thought about was the fact that I was looking at a boob -- not that the woman in question was feeding her child, something moms are kind of required to do.

If it sort of creeped me out as a woman, you can only imagine how dudes feel when they see a mom breastfeeding her baby. But just wait until Ashley and J.P. do finally have kids -- he'll totally change his tune. And then he'll probably get all preachy and vocal on Twitter if he and Ash and the baby are out someone gives her a hard time for whipping out the boob.

(Aww. Can't you picture J.P. going to bat for his gal the first time someone gives her a dirty look while nursing? What a great guy.)

Do you think J.P.'s comments are offensive?

Image via ABC