Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Sooooo Thankful..My breastfeeding Story -PICTURES-

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

My Son was born June 5 and I breastfed him once right after birth and then once a couple hours later and he did it like a Champ!

Soon after birth:

Then the unexpected happened and my son had to be taken away and transferred to another hospital and was able to take Nothing by mouth for a few days. 

In the NICU:

So he was born on a Wednesday fed twice and wasnt able to breastfeed again until Monday, which during the time in between he was given bottles for 2 days and a pacifier for comfort. So to say the least it was not easy getting him to latch! We got to take him home Tuesday and I started exclusively breastfeeding it became painful but he got better and better with his latch and was having lots of poopy diapers! 

Now almost a month later he is doing SO well we are still exclusively breastfeeding and he will barely even take the binky he loves the boobie SO much! :) 

Milk induced Coma:

I wish all other such success with breastfeeding I feel so blessed that he is doing so great! 

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM
My oldest DD's breastfeeding story is very similar. Only, it took 6 weeks to get her to nurse & give up bottles! Great job sticking with it. And, he's absolutely adorable!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katherinemcp
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM
What a sweet little guy!! I *love* the milk-drunk faces on babies when they're so little. My husband calls breastmilk "knock out drops".

Glad to hear your lo is doing fine now. Great work, mama! You're doing awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffiecox
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I'm glad you and your little cutie are still able to breastfeed. Sorry you hd to go through that I know its difficult when your little one isn't do so good health wise at first. Awesome story mama he's adorable!
angevil53
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM
So cute!
twogirl91
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM

What a cutie!! That's so great! You both are doing a great job!

justone_jen
by Jen on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM
He is darling. Good job, mama!
TennesseeMoma
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM

you rock

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Yay, congrats!!! He's a cutie! :-)
Elena-725
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Good for you, Mama. He's beautiful. I had a few wobbles with bf my girls in the beginning, but it all worked out and I'm glad it has for you too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)