Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What is or was your breastfeeding goal?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM
  • 121 Replies

What is or was your breastfeeding goal?

Mine is to breastfeed as long as my daughter wants.

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
2 years minimum. I've made it once now out of four kids. Hoping my 5th will go past 2.
1stTimeMom2bATL
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:25 AM
This is my first and I'm determined to make it to at least a year and then see how it goes from there.
Italiancouture7
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Mine was to breast-feed for the whole first year, which I did. I would have gone longer but my daughter self weaned right at a year.. It was weird ? Lol ... This time I'm actually hoping to go past a year with DS. But I've got a while before he's here lol

Luv.My.Soldier
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
2 yrs at the minimum :). This is my first baby I've bf'd past 4 wks, and we are at 7.5 mths now with no signs of stopping ANY time soon. I'm pretty proud.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM
At first it was 12 months, then 18 months, and finally 2 years. I have met and exceeded all of those goals. Not sure how much longer she will go for. If she could, she would nurse all day long every 1-2 hours!
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM
my goal is a year, after that, it's up to him :-)
MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM
5 moms liked this

My goals changed a lot LOL 

My first daughter, I said I'd nurse her to 6 months. Then I said a year. At a year, I realized that there was no difference between day 364 and 365. She weaned at 17 months 

My twin boys, I knew I'd nurse past a year, but wean at 18 months. My boys didn't get the memo because they nursed to 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 LOL 

anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I had a few.  My first goal was 3 months, now it's 6 months then it will be at least a year.  

We will see after that. 

Mommylovesdada
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM
At least one year, preferably two and then as long as she wanted after that. We made it to 18 months. I hate to say I had had enough. She was still waking all night to nurse and I was a grumpy mommy.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this
When I had DS, I planned on a year. When he was about 5 months old and I had learned more about BFing, I decided to go a least 2 years. When we get to 2 years in August, my goal from there is to let him self-wean...though I would like to tandem nurse for a while at least when # 2 arrives in laye September/ early October. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)