Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Dealing with distraction....

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 4 Replies
My 5 1/2 month old has started getting distracted very easily.

It is making nursing, I hate to say this, but annoying...

He will start to eat but then pop off look around play a minute, then want to eat again.

And forget nursing in public. When we are out and about he's way too busy to eat. He has to get to the point that he's staring before wanting to eat in public, even though I offer it long before that.

The problem at home is I have 2 older kids, a 4 year old and an 18 month old. A lot of times I can leave my 4 year old with an activity while I sneak away to feed my youngest DS, but it's my 18 month old that's the problem.

I can't take my eyes off of him for a second. Sometimes it works out that I can feed LO while his big brother is eating in his high chair or napping, but there are other times that I can't just lock us in the nursery or our bed.

And if my 18 month old is running around playing my nursling is trying to break his neck to watch and eat at the same time.

It's so frustrating!!
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM

The good news is it's a phase. Baby will soon get bored with older brother. (And boredom is better than the battling that's in the future!)

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM
My older two are already in the battling phase..

I hope this phase ends soon! It takes him forever to finish eating.

Quoting gdiamante:

The good news is it's a phase. Baby will soon get bored with older brother. (And boredom is better than the battling that's in the future!)

MalakbelLacuna
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I like when Abigail plays with me like that lol. She will look up at me and giggle! It's my favorite time of the day. Nine times out of ten it is all business with her. She eats and then wants to play.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
It was really cute the first time.

But then it got old.

Sometimes it's fun to play, but others I'm running in give different directions and I just want him to eat or play so I can finish whatever task I was on.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

I like when Abigail plays with me like that lol. She will look up at me and giggle! It's my favorite time of the day. Nine times out of ten it is all business with her. She eats and then wants to play.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN