Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

This is the definition of insanity!!!!....yep, i'll allow bashing on this one lol *edited with pic. **EDIT IN RED!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 33 Replies

I swear to god. 

So it's been about 15-16 days so I took and equate + - blue ink test.

It looked negative so what did I do??....turned all the lights on and busted that sucker open

Within in second the imagined blue + sign...and I promise it was very probably imagined...turned into a DARK blue + sighn.

Er...that suprised me abit...

It's because I busted it open like a moron right?!

I Tested again this morning!
BFN!!!
Why on earth are those damn blue dye tests even legal to sell?! I bought another one of those a long with the 88c walmart ones...my kitchen sing got a faint blue line too!!!
Thanks for everyone's advice and input!!

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds funny but I have no idea. I took one the other day, negative and I'm happy! I don't want to be pregnant yet. But I kinda hope I'm still bf'ing so I can try it with bm too.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You cracked open the case on an hpt? I'm not sure if that should have any affect on how the hormones react to the dye on the test. Take another test. I buy the cheap strip tests on amazon, like $10 or less for 25. Are you 15 days past ovulation, or 15 days late?
Shanon1
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I think crackin the case did it but if you wanna be sure, get the test that says either pregnant or not pregnant.
MyahsMom
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a FRER, I get positives on those days before other tests. And no, you're not insane. I've been known to the same and it has never caused a line to appear for me :)
katiesing
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I would buy a pink dye test the blue ones always had a blue looking plus sign when I would open it and look but I wasnt pregnant. Walmart that sells some and im pretty sure they are the same as first response just minus the name on them.

sarahtbkh
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Updated with pic!

mamabens
by Miranda on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Opening the test case shouldn't matter. Blue dye tests are notorious for evaporate lines, get a cheap Dollar store test and try again

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Get a pink dye one! Walmart has ones for ยข88 and they're the same ones used at dr offices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Im completely lost...
MyahsMom
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM
That's no evap. I would get another test immediately!! Lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)