Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

fussy baby

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM
  • 6 Replies
So we WERE doing great nursing to sleep laying down. Nighttime is fine but naps are a battle. He cries the second I lay him down. He'll fall asleep in the swing but now he wants to eat in cradle position which my milk chokes him. Ugh. He's been so crabby lately. Always wants to be awake and moving. I don't know what to do, its very tiring. We had a routine, now I feel like he Hates me and I never know what he wants. :(
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Dh was actually always good at laying the kids down and i never was. Finally i figured it out and it worked sometimes. Wait until.he is in a deep sleep (test by picking arm up a bit and letting it drop) and then gently lay him down still holding him.close to you, move your hand a bit out of the way and put your hand on his back and then.slowly move it.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Or you can nurse in a sling or carrier and hace him nap on you.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM
You said your milk chokes him. Are you dealing with overactive letdown/oversupply? Have you tried reclined nursing?
destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM
[quote name="MusherMaggie" id="0"]You said your milk chokes him. Are you dealing with overactive letdown/oversupply? Have you tried reclined nursing?[/quote

Overactive let down yes. And he just doesn't want to be reclined or laying down anymore. He gets bored I guess.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Fussy is the default setting on normal babies. **grin** And you will never really know what he wants (I have a 13 year old, trust me on this)... so do the best you can.

You can hand express a little before latching and that will resolve the choking.

It also occurs to me that teething may have started... they're never too young for it.

destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Quoting gdiamante:

Fussy is the default setting on normal babies. **grin** And you will never really know what he wants (I have a 13 year old, trust me on this)... so do the best you can.

You can hand express a little before latching and that will resolve the choking.

It also occurs to me that teething may have started... they're never too young for it.

He is starting to get a tooth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)