Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

bullcrap!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 33 Replies
So on the news they said studies shown starting foods too early is bad and leads to allergies, then also said delaying foods leads to diabetes. After my bf heard this he said oh u need to start her on foods at exactly 6 months, no later. I told him there's no rush. Hes like yes there is a rush because she needa baby food. She's suppose to have something else besides breastmilk. I told him no, she needs breastmilk,, she's not ready. He goes this why I dont talk to u about this because u never listen to me. I told him nope cuz ur trying to rush a child to do somwthing theyre not ready forcuz ur selfish and more. Idc about tje news. The news doesn't dictate what I do.
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wolfybaby
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM

good for you for standing up for your daughter. it sounds like your boyfriend is a bit old fashioned and may be taking advice from his mother [back when doctors routinely told parents to put rice cereal in bottles at 2 weeks and start jarred solids at 2 months].

instead of arguing, maybe silently hand him some research papers you have printed out. include a study debunking the diabetes information. that doesnt make sense at all. 

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM
That's why it's so much better to let her determine when she's ready. And I do think the part about delaying food leading to diabetes is total bull. It's what you eat that can lead to diabetes. And no, I don't believe half of what I hear on the news. Stick to your guns, mamma!
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I am. I showed him she needs breastmilk for at least 1 yr and he said ok I agree. He wanted her off before but now he said ok

Quoting wolfybaby:

good for you for standing up for your daughter. it sounds like your boyfriend is a bit old fashioned and may be taking advice from his mother [back when doctors routinely told parents to put rice cereal in bottles at 2 weeks and start jarred solids at 2 months].

instead of arguing, maybe silently hand him some research papers you have printed out. include a study debunking the diabetes information. that doesnt make sense at all. 

wolfybaby
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM

she does need breastmilk for at the bare minimum of 1 year.. but why stop there? the WHO, which is far far far more reputable than the AAP, recommends breastfeeding until 2 years. you can pump and put it in a cup, or disregard your boyfriends out-dated opinion and keep breastfeeding your baby. in situations like this, a compromise is only hurting your baby by cutting her off of the best nutrition prematurely. i hope your boyfriend comes around and exchanges his old ways for what is truly best for his child! :]

Quoting mama-smurf:

I am. I showed him she needs breastmilk for at least 1 yr and he said ok I agree. He wanted her off before but now he said ok

Quoting wolfybaby:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Oh I plan on nursing past 1. He thinks it's disgusting but says do what u want, ur body ur choice.

Quoting wolfybaby:

she does need breastmilk for at the bare minimum of 1 year.. but why stop there? the WHO, which is far far far more reputable than the AAP, recommends breastfeeding until 2 years. you can pump and put it in a cup, or disregard your boyfriends out-dated opinion and keep breastfeeding your baby. in situations like this, a compromise is only hurting your baby by cutting her off of the best nutrition prematurely. i hope your boyfriend comes around and exchanges his old ways for what is truly best for his child! :]

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting wolfybaby:

MalakbelLacuna
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM
What is it with him wanting he to eat solid so bad? It's like he is forever saying that lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

What is it with him wanting he to eat solid so bad? It's like he is forever saying that lol

because his mom says so, and he never argues. i'm betting mom wants to raise the baby, push op out of the picture. that's what it's sounding like anyway.

Let the sisters take care of themselves, and make themselves beautiful, and if any of you are so superstitious and ignorant as to say that this is pride, I can say that you are not informed as to the pride which is sinful before the Lord. You are also ignorant as to the excellency of the heavens and the beauty which dwells in the society of the Gods. Were you to see an angel, you would see a beautiful and lovely creature. Make yourselves like angels in goodness and beauty. ~Brigham Young
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM
His mom and grandma want to watch her and I won't let them. His mom lives over 4 hours away and his grandma says she wants to watch her, without me up under her, so she can bond before she dies. I said no. To both. No one is getting Autumn. Everyone's trying to get her and I say no. Even when she's not on breastmilk no one's taking her.

Quoting AngryBob:

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

because his mom says so, and he never argues. i'm betting mom wants to raise the baby, push op out of the picture. that's what it's sounding like anyway.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I kind of think you need to be more patient with him. He just seems to want what he thinks is best for his baby, just like you do. Maybe try to take him to talk with a LC or go to a breastfeeding class or something, so someone with some "authority" can help him understand that you're right and not being bullheaded or anything.

momalee40
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I get so sick of hearing about people putting cereal in baby's bottle ! What I hate worse is when I tell people I will give my dd solids when she can hold her head up, sit up on her own and not push it out with her tongue., then they ? Me as to why ! Also talked to a woman who's grand daughter was born at 26 wks, she is home now and grandma talked her mom into putting cereal in her bottle so she would sleep all night. Ummm....I would think a preemie would need to eat at night !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN