Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

wow! people really did stuff like that?!?!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was having a conversation with my sister and her mil about breastfeeding. She said that her husband's grandma smoked through each pregnancy and never quit that her son use to sneak out his bedroom window as a teen instead of going through the front door because the entire house was like a smokebomb! Then when one of her sons was lactose intolerant and couldnt drink formula she would give him diet coke!!!! This was like 50 yrs ago. I am in shock on how babies survived in that family!!!
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Along with cereal in bottles, and whiskey on teething gums!
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
My inlaws still suggest whisky! Dh even thinks so, thankfully no one has done it to any of my kids!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Along with cereal in bottles, and whiskey on teething gums!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

My in laws made my SILs formula using dr pepper! they used NO water..it was dr. pepper with scoops of formula put into it! and they wondered why she was over 200lbs at age 9!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this

my midwife still tels people to use whiskey on gums lol

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM
My moms side of the family still pushes whiskey on the gums and I was even told they put some whiskey in the babies' bottles for colic. And supposedly my one uncle was really sick and couldn't tolerate any formula so she made him bottles with beef broth.

I know someone in our group once said their MIL made formula with watered down ketchup. Other than the booze i can't think of a formula worse than with diet Coke. :-(
SadieJames
by Sarah on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I saw a baby two days ago in Walmart that wasn't any older than 3 months.  I have a six month old and is baby was way younger.  Anyways, baby threw its bottle out of the carseat (that was on top of the cart, yikes!) and when it hit the ground the top came off.  Coke.  It was full of soda.  It was a 9 oz bottle too.  The mom screwed the cap back on, rolled her eyes at the baby shoved it back in its mouth.  I wanted to cry.

BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I hate seeing stufff like that. I hate seeing bottles of formula being given out to such little babies. I try not to be one of those moms, but I feel sorry for those babies.

Quoting SadieJames:

I saw a baby two days ago in Walmart that wasn't any older than 3 months.  I have a six month old and is baby was way younger.  Anyways, baby threw its bottle out of the carseat (that was on top of the cart, yikes!) and when it hit the ground the top came off.  Coke.  It was full of soda.  It was a 9 oz bottle too.  The mom screwed the cap back on, rolled her eyes at the baby shoved it back in its mouth.  I wanted to cry.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow, someone seems like they arent wanting to be a mom!

Quoting SadieJames:

SadieJames
by Sarah on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I, obviously, prefer to see a baby bf but formula is WAY better than soda! 

Quoting BabyPink07:

I hate seeing stufff like that. I hate seeing bottles of formula being given out to such little babies. I try not to be one of those moms, but I feel sorry for those babies.

Quoting SadieJames:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Yep! My almost 7 yr old isnt even allowed to.have soda! Lol

Quoting SadieJames:

I, obviously, prefer to see a baby bf but formula is WAY better than soda! 

Quoting BabyPink07:

Quoting SadieJames:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)