Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeeding and losing baby weight.

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am still bfing my almost 10 month old baby girl. I am trying to eat super healthy. I have cut out fast food, sugar and noodles for the most part, soda, fried foods, and even cheeseburgers! Boooo.

I exercise about 5 days out of the week. I do 100 of each: Jack Knifes, Jumping Jacks, and Windmills. Then 50 squats, a little weighlifting, a short workout video, and 10-20 minutes of yoga.

I am not sure if I am reaching my calorie goal..I know it should be near 2000. But I do eat snacks between meals to try to get my calorie intake up, but I rarely feel hungry. I noticed my tummy is still sagging.  I am 5'0 and 103 lbs. Does anyone else have advice on how to get rid of it?

Is this just something thatI  will have to wait to berid of after bfing?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
It sounds like you are at a healthy weight for your height mama. Sit ups may help strengthen your core muscles, but thats all i can think of.
anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Sometimes we are stuck with a saggy belly.   Honestly, it might be something that only you notice -- we are our own worst critics.  

Look up post baby ab exercises and try those to see if it will help at all.  

(as a side note -- good job on the eating and exercising! I need to be better about it)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Tummy sag is part of being a mom..some women can tighten up that skin others not.  Now for losing weight weight watcher is great for nursing moms...the belly sag I am no help with

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

You sound perfect, actually. I'm afraid the sag may be with you forever, no matter what you do short of surgery.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I'm 5'3", bounce around between 95-105 lbs and while my stomach *muscles* are pretty firmed up, I still have a chunk of skin I can grab. I hate bending over the sink brushing my teeth to see that pouch there. There's not much you can do to tighten up that skin after those cells are pulled apart. I try to wear pants where the waist goes across that pouchy part instead of lower, because I look like a stick person with a muffin top!!! ;-) and :-(
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I would kill to be 103. I'm your height but I am 155 pounds.
worstofweather
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Same here. Right before I made this post, I was doing yoga and while in the downward dog position, I noticed that my stomach was just hanging. I nearly died, but I do know it could be worse. I have been working at it all year.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I'm 5'3", bounce around between 95-105 lbs and while my stomach *muscles* are pretty firmed up, I still have a chunk of skin I can grab. I hate bending over the sink brushing my teeth to see that pouch there. There's not much you can do to tighten up that skin after those cells are pulled apart. I try to wear pants where the waist goes across that pouchy part instead of lower, because I look like a stick person with a muffin top!!! ;-) and :-(

worstofweather
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I was close to 140 right after having her. Between breastfeeding, exercse, and giving up the bad stuff, it melted off. I have never been so little. Not even in high school.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

I would kill to be 103. I'm your height but I am 155 pounds.

RHayden25
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I also have "the sag"! My older two, 4.5 and 6, think it is hilarious and like to knead my squishy tummy. That really boosts the self esteem. :/ But I told them it is from babies growing in there... I also told DH I get a tummy tuck someday. We shall see. For now, I try to camouflage it the best I can and keep myself as fit as I can in order to make it appear smaller.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)