Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Thought Brastfeeding was supose to help weight loss??

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

My body has held on to this last ten pounds like CRAZY and will not go away no matter what i do!! I have been exclusivly breastfeeding for 6 months!

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AlexCara
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM

My daughter is 6 months. I have not lost any of my pregnancy weight and have breastfeed the entire time. I'm just trying to focus on eating healthy since I can't really restrict my calories.

back40mama
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I don't believe in this theory at all! I'm on my 4th that just turned 2. When I got pg with my first, I was 140. 11 years later, I'm 201. Yikes!!!! Horrible! I have nursed with all constantly and no return. Everyone is different but it doesn't help me. All I can say is to try to throw in a little exercise if possible. Something I need to do! :)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Some moms lose, some gain, some see no real changes. That last ten pounds will usually stick for a long time.

amc103
by Alli on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Yeah, I hear you! BF'ing didnt help me in that department either. For the first 3 weeks I lost everything and more....I was BELOW pre pregnancy weight. I was THRILLED! Then for some reason, I gained a ton back really fast! :-( Its been that way ever since no matter what I do. I feel jipped, for sure. 

happymommy2b90
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM
My baby boy turns 10 months this month and is still mostly breast fed. It did not help me lose weight. I was stuck for a long time at 195 after giving birth. ( i was 220 right gefore giving birth)I finally started doing exercise and eating healthy and have dropped to 170 I still have 30lb to go to be back at my prepregnancy weight of 140. Sigh...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN