Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Updated: Someone snapped my picture while NIP

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:03 AM
  • 27 Replies

I'm a little weirded out. I took my MIL to the post office today since there was a line, I stayed in the car and nursed my ds. I was completely covered the whole time.  It wasn't too long before I noticed some guy in a car acrosse from me holding up his phone like he was taking my picture. When he saw me look at him he got flustered and started texting or something. I kinda ignored it and would look occasionally and he was glancing nervously at me.  When I got out to put ds back in his carseat, he left.  I was getting ready to drive away and said to MIL that I thought that guy took a picture of me.  I honestly expected her to not have noticed or something but she agreed and thought it was strange the way he left. 

Is there any reason someone would be snapping pictures of a covered woman NIP?  He couldn't possibly have seem anything. 

Thanks to everyone! I have no intentions of quitting nursing my LO.  I just might squeeze in the backseat next time, lol.  I am not totally comfortable NIP and this makes it more uncomfortable but hopefully I'll get past that.  I really just don't understand why he would do it. But I really hope that its the good reasons some of you mentioned. 

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Because some people can be assholes.... :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:32 AM

What a creep...

dleon621
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM

oh wow,I would feel the same way too.He was a creep.theres many people out there,but dont let that affect you,keeping nursing your baby:)

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow, creeper.

Maybe he thought you were going to just drive away holding the baby or something?

milkmama36
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM

oh gross a creeper!

justone_jen
by Jen on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Creep. I'd think the same if you weren't nursing a baby.

I possibly would have taken my phone out and taken pictures of him.
kelli81
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I would be weirded out too! He shouldn't be taking your pic for any reason.
AlwaysKISA
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:04 PM
The first thing I thought was that maybe he thought you were gonna drive away with the baby in your lap or something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maliya0608
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM

What a creeper! I would have told him off!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Ok that is creepy but I do like to believe the best of people so my theories are1-his wife or sister or whatever is petrified of nip and he wanted to show her its no big deal 2-he was concerned when he saw a baby out of tje seat in a vehicle 3- he was actually lookimg at something on the car or behind and realized you would think he looked like a creeper.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN