Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Rash, eczema, food allergies or something else

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:23 AM
  • 50 Replies
My 6modd has red patches over her body. Under her eyes on her cheeks on her chin, her thighs, the backs of her legs, her arms her back and chest and belly. It started off small so i thought it was eczema so did her doc. He prescribed her cortizone cream so ive been using that along with more otc cream and aquaphor. She is always greasy due to the aquaphor. I use dreft detergent because it is best for her. About a few days ago i noticed it starting to get worse and now you can feel and see the red patches and they feel sort of like bumps but more of a rise in the skin. She is constantly scratching her legs and arms i try stopping her when she does this but she does it when shes sleeping. She doesn't seem like shes in pain she is happy and full of energy. I tried cslling her doctor but will npt be able to reach them until the morning. So was just seeing if any of you ladies may know something. I cant post any photos due to my phone not having a flash so you cannot see it.

Hoping you ladies might have an idea to what it is. r
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:54 AM

It sounds like eczema to me.

redrose_12
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Yeah thats what i thought too. Its jusy making me worry when i was younger i had eczema and i was allergic to a lot of things. And it looked like what she had when i hd both eczema and and allergic reaction to something
It just covers her up she looks like a tomato or something.
But thanks.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

It sounds like eczema to me.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Try coconut oil on the eczema. Is she eating any solids?
mom2ljh
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Stop the aquaphor. It's just Vaseline, which is keeping her skin from breathing. You can put a breathable, water based lotion but don't use the oily ones.
Eczema is often caused, or worsened by allergies, so it would be beneficial to have her see an allergist.
SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Neosporin has a daily eczema lotion out now. I have chronic stress-related eczema on my left foot and ankle and it has worked wonders for me. Also, not sure if she's eating solid foods yet or not, but a dairy-free diet has been said to help tremendously.

redrose_12
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM
She has eateb solids not daily but its gerber foods. And she has been eating solids since she was 5 months and its barly gotten worse the past few days.
What is the lotion called?

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Neosporin has a daily eczema lotion out now. I have chronic stress-related eczema on my left foot and ankle and it has worked wonders for me. Also, not sure if she's eating solid foods yet or not, but a dairy-free diet has been said to help tremendously.

redrose_12
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Wow i did not know that. Her pedi recommended it and said to keep it on her. But that dows make sense. I had it when iwas younger and nothing worked for me.and yes i was reading up and i read that food allergies can make the eczema worse.

Quoting mom2ljh:

Stop the aquaphor. It's just Vaseline, which is keeping her skin from breathing. You can put a breathable, water based lotion but don't use the oily ones.

Eczema is often caused, or worsened by allergies, so it would be beneficial to have her see an allergist.
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Check for food  allergies. My son had the same thing, and it turned out he was allergic to peanuts. I was breastfeeding him and eating peanuts and peanut butter by the pound and didn't know about his allergy.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Neosporin Eczema Essentials Daily Moisturizing Lotion. 

Quoting redrose_12:

She has eateb solids not daily but its gerber foods. And she has been eating solids since she was 5 months and its barly gotten worse the past few days.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

redrose_12
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Thank you.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Neosporin Eczema Essentials Daily Moisturizing Lotion. 

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN