Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Poop question

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:27 AM
  • 10 Replies
My 6wk old little man has gone from multiple poops a day to once a day to nothing from Wednesday night to yesterday evening then two good ones since. His poops have never been the typical yellow seedy I have heard of. Bit these last two seem really runny. Is that normal? He has really upped his feeding time these past few days so I know he is getting enough. Please help!!
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Typcally around 6 weeks poop slows down.
Group record is over 20 days.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:19 AM
it's normal. like Melinda said this is when they slow down to every few days (not always-mine still pooped three times a day at least until six months so that's normal too lol). and it's also normal for them to be really loose or runny. a lot of doctors mistake this for diarrhea but it's not. diarrhea has to do with frequency... like fifteen dirty diapers in a day or something.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Perfectly normal. His systems are maturing and becoming more efficient, so he is absorbing more of what is in your milk. BTW, the record of poopless days in this group is something like 20, with a huge pooplosion following!
LMommy11
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:37 AM
It isn't seedy at all though.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

it's normal. like Melinda said this is when they slow down to every few days (not always-mine still pooped three times a day at least until six months so that's normal too lol). and it's also normal for them to be really loose or runny. a lot of doctors mistake this for diarrhea but it's not. diarrhea has to do with frequency... like fifteen dirty diapers in a day or something.
LMommy11
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Is that why there are no 'seeds' at all?

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Perfectly normal. His systems are maturing and becoming more efficient, so he is absorbing more of what is in your milk. BTW, the record of poopless days in this group is something like 20, with a huge pooplosion following!
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM
that's completely ok. At that age my sons wasn't either. Eventually it all looks like pumpkin puree... blech!

Quoting LMommy11:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

LMommy11
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Thanks. :)

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

that's completely ok. At that age my sons wasn't either. Eventually it all looks like pumpkin puree... blech!

Quoting LMommy11:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Dragon.Momma86
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM
could be something you've eaten .. have you changed your diet any?
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Not something I'd be overly concerned about.

LMommy11
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Just cut out peanuts... Well, all nuts.

Quoting Dragon.Momma86:

could be something you've eaten .. have you changed your diet any?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN