Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

breastfeeding and type one diabetes

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 6 Replies
Does anyone know if my sugar is out of whack will it hurt my son at all? I can't seem to find any information on this part. I can't ask NY doc because I don't have one right now since I don't have) insurance which is why I'm asking.
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:05 PM
It will affect you but not your baby. Do you have more trouble with highs or lows? Are you in good control most of the time?
poeticrose09
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I have my trouble with highs than anything especially since I'm stretching my insulin right now. While I had insurance I was in great control never any highs and a couple lows but good overall now I'm all over the place and unable to check as much because I now have a limited supply ad since I don't have a doctor most companies wont even give me samples ad its way to much out of pocket.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

It will affect you but not your baby. Do you have more trouble with highs or lows? Are you in good control most of the time?

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM
How is your diet? I find I have much better control if I concentrate on good fats, protein and vegetables, and minimize the carbs. I also take cinnamon and chromium to help with BG levels.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Have you checked with your county clinic to see if they have any assistance for you?

poeticrose09
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Its 100 dollars out of pocket and they don't have any one who specializes in diabetes I'm waiting to get their clinic. Just taking forever.

Quoting gdiamante:

Have you checked with your county clinic to see if they have any assistance for you?

poeticrose09
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I have to watch my carbs closer than anything but its a ok diet for being on a strict budget. I skip up some days but I try hard not to

Quoting MusherMaggie:

How is your diet? I find I have much better control if I concentrate on good fats, protein and vegetables, and minimize the carbs. I also take cinnamon and chromium to help with BG levels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)