Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Eating Healthy On the Go' Day 4: Freezer Foods

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 92 Replies

Today's tip is prepare ahead and utilize your freezer.

There are many recipes that can be prepared ahead and frozen for healthy snacks and meals on the go or at the last minute. Waffles, pancakes, and breads (banana bread, pumpkin bread, etc) are all good foods to prepare ahead and wrapped individually for easy grabbing. Fruits can be frozen on a baking sheet and put into single servings quick snacks and smoothies.

Do you prepare foods ahead of time and freeze them? What are some of your favorite make ahead foods?

If you missed yesterday's post, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the 'Healthy Eating on the Go' Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I love waffles!!!
MommyMajure
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I always make a big batch of marinara sauce and freeze about half. We use it for Two meals the first time and have the frozen batch for para or meatball bombers later. I also shred veggies and freeze them for later (like zucchini bread for instance), and lots of fruit for smoothies. I don't really freeze any snacks or food that's ready to go though.
rjmac88
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Some stuff. Usually meats. I'm a terrible cook so hubby cooks meat in big bathes and freezes it for me to use later
jellyphish
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Just breast milk. But that's not for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Plus-size-mommy
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I always think this is a great idea but then I never do it lol!
pochaccotx
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Nope don't do that but I should
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM

No, sadly. I don't! I should. Do I need a lot of extra pans to freeze stuff in?

Angela4boys
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM
All the time! I make batches of veggie soup, turkey soup, chilli, French toast casserole, black bean brownies, banana/pumpkin/zucchini bread, etc....and freeze them in single servings for easy breakfasts and lunches later :)
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM
We buy a lot of frozen fruits and veggies. Sometimes we freeze some of our own things too.
Kahla11
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:16 AM

fruits, veggies, and fruit juices. i don't really freeze meals just  the snacks i named.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)