Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Birth Stories

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 14 Replies

I love to read birth stories. If you feel comfortable, share yours.

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I was induced because of high blood pressure and a history of preeclampsia. I was 38+5. We went in at midnight and inserted cervadil. Light, inconsistent contractions started around three. At seven they started pitocin. By nine thirty I was three centimeters and they broke my water. The contractions were strong and right on top of each other after that. I asked for the epidural around eleven but they said the anesthesiologist was stuck in a c section so I opted for stadol. Big mistake. It made me tired and loopy. Dh said I kept yelling at him to get the kittens from under the bed! The anesthesiologist finally got there around noon. After The epidural was placed I was five centimeters. My midwife came in at one and I was already 8 so she said she was going to eat lunch and be back. By two I was fully dilated and the nurse had me start pushing. My midwife came back about fifteen minutes after we started. After an hour my midwife informed me that he was presenting face up (like my first). I was terrified she would want to use forceps like the OB did with my first son but she told me he was moving down and slowly turning as i was pushing so as long as I could keep pushing and not tire out she wouldn't need to. Big sigh of relief. So after two hours of pushing I finally crowned. As his shoulders were coming out he turned blue. He had a very,very, tight cord around his neck. She had to cut it before he could come out. So at 4:02 he was finally born. He was wisked away to the neonatal team on the other side of the room. His first apgar was a 2. It was the longest two minutes of my life! When he finally cried so did I. His five minute apgar was an 8. So while I delivered the placenta and got stitched up (three stitches for two different "skidmarks" they called them) the NP gave Aiden a quick bath. Twenty five minutes after birth we were reunited and nursed for the first time. 8 Pounds 7 Ounces and 21.75 inches long. Love at first sight :)
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
At age 20 I gave birth to my oldest son. I was 41w. Went in (for the third time lol) with mild contractions, was at a 4. Allowed the dr to rupture my water but asked for some time before being put on pit. They gave me 1 hour. So there I sat in be and after an hour with no change I was started on pit. 9 hours of laying in bed later I finally gave in and asked for an epidural. 9 hours later after 30 min of pushing and 2 episiotomies I birthed my 10lb son!

8 years later I was 39w5d with my second son and the dr advised induction again. In I went, back on pit. I made it about 4 hours before asking for an epi. I did know enough this time around to ask for it to be turned down so I could feel to push. After 9 hours of pit labor I gave birth to my 9lb son. No episiotomy just a small tear, one stitch.

4 years later pregnant with my third I told my DH there was no way I was setting foot in the hospital and we found an amazing MW! My water broke at midnight (39w5d), I called and let MW know and went back to bed until 4am. Then I got up, was having some decent contractions, set all me birth stuff out and woke my mom up about 5. Talked to MW about 7 things were picking up. Asked her to come over about 8:30, she got here about 9:30. Got in the tub at 10, baby arrived at 1:10! 8lb8oz boy!
Quen
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Are you sure you want it?  It's really long, lol.

2inblue
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
All 4 boys were induced because I couldn't move past 3cm and I went over my due date. My first 2 were natural, my last 2 were with an epidural. My 4th son was born on my 3rd sons birthday, 2 years apart. My 4th son was born with his umbilical cord around his neck so I didnt get to hold him right away and didnt find out until 18 months later. They had to use forceps with my first son and a vacuum with my second. 1st son was 8lb7oz 2nd son 8lb14oz 3rd son 7lb8oz 4th son 6lb12oz
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I have three boys and due next month.....i will post links later :)
Mummy2Connor
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
DS came 3 days before his "due" date. Went into labor at 7 p.m., by 3 p.m. the next day my Midwife said I was dialated enough to go to the birth cemter. Sat in the birthing tub from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. My midwife had me sit on the birthing stool and broke my water, and 30 min later I delivered on my hands and knees on the bed. (I wanted a water birth, but I was In so much pain I couldn't walk across the room, lol)
25 1/2 hour completley natural childbirth.
DS and I went home only 4 hours later. :-)
SendMeBabyDust
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:37 AM
BUMP for me to post later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Plus-size-mommy
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Brandon came a month early, after I realized my water was leaking. They gave me Pitocin to help me along. I opted for an epidural. Labor stalled, a c-section was decided upon, had me all prepped, went to go finish prepping my room, came back in and checked me and his head was like right there! 6 pushes and he was out! Took him to Children's due to underdeveloped lungs, he was there for a week, healthy 8 year old now!

I was a high risk pregnancy with Braylee, thanks to a massive pulmonary embolism at 9 weeks along. She was also measuring big so we opted for a c-section. It was completely routine, nothing to tell really. I lost a lot of blood and she was having crazy glucose readings so she was in the NICU and I was in recovery for quite awhile. She is a healthy 4 month old baby girl!
Mommabearbergh
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Earlier in the day we had did the dry run... Later that day I kept contracting but not close enough to go to the hospital. So we ate dinner and I tried going to sleep. I woke up feeling the worse pain. I hopped in the shower and changed my clothes and kept telling dh to rub my back because it was the only thing that gave me some relief. I started talking to my cousin who is in florida and a fellow night owl and she talked me into counting to see how close my contractions were. They ended up being four mins apart.The whole time I am thinking they are going to send me back home again. I should just wait till my appointment in the morning .So off the hospital we went at 3am. Dh got dd one up and got all the bags together and off to the hospital we went. When we got there I was monitored and they checked me. I was four cms but they got me to walk around and bounce on the ball.I had to stand every time a contraction came because the bouncing was just not helping. By 10am which was my time for my appt I was supposed to have been at with my midwife. I was in active labor and it hurt like hell. I kept asking dh to rub my back and after a while that didn't even work.During transition I puked up a popsicle and a gatorade in front of my dd who rubbed my back and was like do you feel better now.lol.It was so gross but the fact this six year old was so cool calm and collected made me think we did a pretty good job preparing her. So I reached nine cms and they asked if they could break my water.I was more then happy for them to because maybe she would drop some and I turned on my side and that seemed to do the trick because I felt the urge to push and the dr had stepped out and they are like he is on the phone. At that point I am like I don't care I have to push and I am getting loud. I talking like Stanley cup final shot loud. So they are like there is still some cervix there and my body is pushing so I am like F THIS.So I push and the dr comes in and he is like if you feel like you have to push push. OMG I have never felt that much pain in my life. I yelled through most of it and dh was like I have never ever heard you become that loud. Brooke came into the world all eyes on her and her head full of hair. They put her on my chest and I got to hold her for a long time before they tried to do anything to her which was awesome and when everything was all right. We sort of chatted till my placenta detached because I didn't want them to try to force it out and the dr even told me about the placenta it was a nice science lesson and after I was all cleaned up and everything. He hugged me and all the nurses were really nice. I loved my birth experience so much.
Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Ok! :)

I was almost 3 weeks over due, and arguing with my doctor about induction. I was having a pretty miserable pregnancy, but I wanted to let her come on her own because medical induction scared me. I gave in and was scheduled to be induced the next morning, and kind of moping around the house making sure I had everything ready. Sat down to eat a sandwich and wet my pants, so I went and changed. That wasn't that unusual, she liked to stomp my bladder or something and I was kind of used to wetting myself, lol. Well I got cleaned up and sat back down to finish eating and was wet again. Ok, really? So I went back to the bathroom, cleaned up and changed again, sat back down and AGAIN. Wet myself. Something's not right here... I'm complaining about it, and it never even crossed my mind to check if it was actually pee or if something else was going on. 5 or 6 more trips grumbling and getting cleaned up, called my hubby and he says maybe it's your water. So I start paying attention and sure enough, I had sprung a leak. Ok cool! No induction after all! So I head over to the hospital, still hadn't felt a contraction but they said I was having them. About 2 hours passed, I had told hubby to take his time coming in because I felt great and figured I had plenty of time left. Then suddenly BAM ok labor. Hard. I called the nurse and asked her to check me, she said no you're only about 3cm you've got plenty of time just relax, and as she was leaving I told her I needed to push, so she says 'Fine I'll check you' and then starts SCREAMING for a doctor and to prep for delivery. The doctor runs in with pretty much just enough time to catch, and that was that. Hubby showed up about 20 mins later, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)