Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastmilk is AMAZING!!!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
  • 12 Replies
My little one (11 weeks old) woke up with a little bit of green discharge in the corner of her eye a few days ago. I didn't really think much of it at the time. Later that day, she woke up from her afternoon nap and her eye was crusted closed with more of the green puss. I freaked out of course, and called her pedi. When a nurse returned my call (they were closed at the time), she said that I would need to take her to urgent care if she started running a fever, but that she wouldn't be able to call anything in, which is what I was hoping for. I cleaned her eye with a warm washcloth and she seemed fine, no fever or discomfort, so I didn't think it was neccessary to drag her to urgent care which is a 45 minute drive for us. After speaking with a few friends and doing some research online, I decided to try breastmilk. It worked!! During her nighttime feeding, I put a few drops in her eye and by morning, it was completely cleared up!! I was amazed!! Has anyone else used bm to cure an eye infection?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Wooohoool! Another point for breastmilk! :)
polkaspots
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep. Yesterday actually. I have an inner ear infection that I've been using milk drops and antibiotics on. When I started having crap come out my eye I put drops in there too. My infection is pretty much gone and it's only been a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nancy34
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM
This happend to my baby also I did the same and it worked as well when I brought it up his dr he said oh yea that works to lol
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Lots of times. I even expressed some for my mom to use when she got a stye. She was also amazed.
Kathy489
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I've never done it, but I've heard it works. You can use breastmilk as ear drops, too.

TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM

My lo has had a slightly crusty eye. Nothing is oozing. It just looks a little irritated. I have been thinking about putting breastmilk in it, but haven't tried it yet.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Probably a clogged tear duct. Have you tried massage and a warm washcloth?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

My lo has had a slightly crusty eye. Nothing is oozing. It just looks a little irritated. I have been thinking about putting breastmilk in it, but haven't tried it yet.

Quen
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Not for an eye infection, BUT, my DH has an ingrown toenail that has been bothering him for almost a year  and I've recently started putting some pumped milk on it and it's doing so much better! :)

We also use it for cooking. :)

twogirl91
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM

All the time. After I had my second kid my oldest got pink eye and I squirted breast milk in his eyes, he loved it so much he would come to me when his eyes felt irritate and asked for "nilk in eyes" until it completely cleared up with took about 2-3 days.

twogirl91
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I'm going to have to try that with my husband! He gets horrible ingrown toe nails. He actually had to go to the doctor and get part of his nail killed so it wouldn't grow back. But the other one bothers him on and off. 

Quoting Quen:

Not for an eye infection, BUT, my DH has an ingrown toenail that has been bothering him for almost a year  and I've recently started putting some pumped milk on it and it's doing so much better! :)

We also use it for cooking. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)