Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

need prayers

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm going through tough time starting today. Its going to be a rough time. I been dreading this day but knew it would come soon.

That's right

Potty training my STUBBORN 2 year old. She tells me when she poos and pees,in her diaper but won't do it,on the,potty. I love her to death but after changing ebf poo, i cannot stand hers anymore LOL. Sorry, OT.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM
First you have to figure out when she goes. We started ours just experimenting with sitting on the potty just before bath time. I had also let them come in when I used the toilet just to get the idea. No pressure.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM
What Maggie said. No pressure. I tried to force potty training on my son when he was two. I just ended up washing a lot of pants and underwear. I waited a few more months until he was ready and within two days we had no accidents day or night. You can give her a book to look at in there after she wakes up in the morning and at nap time. That's usually a for sure time they *have* to go. And when it happens.... reward, reward, reward!
anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Yeah, live and learn. 

DD1 and I....potty training was a miserable experience.  I'm so waiting longer if needed with this one. 

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

What Maggie said. No pressure. I tried to force potty training on my son when he was two. I just ended up washing a lot of pants and underwear. I waited a few more months until he was ready and within two days we had no accidents day or night. You can give her a book to look at in there after she wakes up in the morning and at nap time. That's usually a for sure time they *have* to go. And when it happens.... reward, reward, reward!

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:55 AM
My son was easy. Then again he was 3 years old but couldn't talk that well. Mil tried potty training her but didn't work. She suggested i spank her...um no!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

First you have to figure out when she goes. We started ours just experimenting with sitting on the potty just before bath time. I had also let them come in when I used the toilet just to get the idea. No pressure.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I would rather change 100 poopy diapers than one pair of poopy underpants: the poop smears down their legs when you take the underpants off, gets on their feet, on the bathroom floor, then all on the side of the toilet. Then you're left debating if you can wash the clothes or should throw it all away. If you start potty training and have too many accidents, back off for a month. My boys were both 39 months on the dot and "trained" in like 3 days. My girls were around 2.5 years. And I'm talking dry and clean during the day and night. It was more baby-led. I think it also helps when they're not napping anymore. And it certainly helps when they can get their clothes off and back on. GOOD LUCK!!! Seriously I hate poopy underpants. :-(
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I hear ya! Ds was potty trained at 3 and it was easy but also hard. Because he couldn't talk well so after i got him to talk it was easy...sorta

Quoting anxiousschk:

Yeah, live and learn. 

DD1 and I....potty training was a miserable experience.  I'm so waiting longer if needed with this one. 

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Dd likes to play with her diaper so that's making it more difficult. I also heard girls are easier to train than boys. I hope so.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I would rather change 100 poopy diapers than one pair of poopy underpants: the poop smears down their legs when you take the underpants off, gets on their feet, on the bathroom floor, then all on the side of the toilet. Then you're left debating if you can wash the clothes or should throw it all away. If you start potty training and have too many accidents, back off for a month. My boys were both 39 months on the dot and "trained" in like 3 days. My girls were around 2.5 years. And I'm talking dry and clean during the day and night. It was more baby-led. I think it also helps when they're not napping anymore. And it certainly helps when they can get their clothes off and back on. GOOD LUCK!!! Seriously I hate poopy underpants. :-(

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM
What type of reward?

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Also, forgot to add, why im trying to push potty training is because she has MRSA. She breaks out A LOT down there from the,poo and pee. :-(
Dibsy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Good luck! I do not envy your position right now and I dread it when my son reaches that age! I raised my brother and sister and they were difficult to say the least. I did read a deal in Pinterest about potty training in 3 days but not sure if it works or not. A lot of people in the comments swore by it though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)