Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nipple Bleeding & No Pain

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

I was nursing my DS (2 yrs old) earlier. I unlatched him and found a big glob of blood on my nipple. It wasn't hurting, so I don't know why it was bleeding. Shouldn't it have been hurting? I hope he didn't get a lot of blood. I can't imagine that tasted good.

Salem's Creations Blog | Like my blog on Facebook

The Wiccan Pen blog - Where I share my writing

Join my Pagan Fellowship FB Group

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Wouldn't hurt him. Has his latch changed, teething going on? Did you bump yourself?
SalemWitchChild
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Nope all is the same. The only thing I can think of is that I've had a blood spot on my nipple for the longest time that maybe burst? It's still there though. But the blood was coming from just under that spot.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Wouldn't hurt him. Has his latch changed, teething going on? Did you bump yourself?

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Sounds like a blister, though it's odd that it's not painful. You might look on kellymom at nipple soreness or injury to see if anything is suggested. Is your OBGYN breastfeeding friendly?
SalemWitchChild
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Not really no. I'll just take it easy with that side for a bit.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Sounds like a blister, though it's odd that it's not painful. You might look on kellymom at nipple soreness or injury to see if anything is suggested. Is your OBGYN breastfeeding friendly?

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Just remember to keep the milk moving. You sure do not want to add clogged ducts or mastitis to the situation!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)