Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question regarding TTC and breastfeeding! *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 25 Replies

I've read all the stuff on kellymom concerning TTC and breastfeeding, but I figure I'd ask here to see if any ladies have anymore information.

DD is 16 months, still nursing with no signs of weaning anytime soon! I got my period back for the first time March 16 (12 and a half months PP). I didn't get it in April. I got it again May 2. Then again June 10. Here it is, nothing and my DH doesn't think I should test.

What is fertility like regarding wonky breastfeeding periods?

Well I got my answer!!!

This was a huge shock, especially with my irregular periods, and that it took us 16 months to conceive our second daughter!! Hopefully I'll have no issues nursing DD2 throughout my pregnancy and won't have to wean!!

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM
http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/ttc-while-bf/

You can also look for signs of ovulation.
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM

If you're having periods you ARE fertile. But your cycle is now different. If you're not already using "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler, time to start. It doesn't use calendars, just tracking of your basal body temperature and fertility signs.

robibuni
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Is it even possible to track my BBT when DD wakes me up during the night to nurse. I thought I couldn't wake before taking my BBT.

Quoting gdiamante:

If you're having periods you ARE fertile. But your cycle is now different. If you're not already using "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler, time to start. It doesn't use calendars, just tracking of your basal body temperature and fertility signs.

robibuni
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I've read all that on kellymom, which is why I came here.

I have noticed some egg white cervical mucous, which can be a sign of ovulation.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/ttc-while-bf/

You can also look for signs of ovulation.

polkaspots
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I know nothing about tracking ovulation, but you are fertile. Testing won't make you pregnant, and not testing doesn't mean you aren't. I didn't get my period back monthly after I started it and I got pregnant 13 months pp. you're at a time where you are very likely to get pregnant. I would wait until you start getting symptoms to test, just because you're probably already eating healthy, taking vitamins and not getting wasted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I just kinda figure I'm not because it took us 16 months to get my DD2 that we have now, so I assumed getting pregnant again, it would take forever, if that makes sense.

And like I said, I'm 6 days "late" going by my last cycle that started on June 10th, and the only symptoms I've had, was some cramping late last week, into the weekend. I have no clue what's going on.

DH is convinced I'm not since my period has been so wonky for months and says there's no point in testing.

Quoting polkaspots:

I know nothing about tracking ovulation, but you are fertile. Testing won't make you pregnant, and not testing doesn't mean you aren't. I didn't get my period back monthly after I started it and I got pregnant 13 months pp. you're at a time where you are very likely to get pregnant. I would wait until you start getting symptoms to test, just because you're probably already eating healthy, taking vitamins and not getting wasted.

polkaspots
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM
You're probably not, but testing would be the best way to find out. Since you don't really expect to get a monthly period. So testing is kind of pointless since you're probably not pregnant. Assuming you're trying, you should be pregnant within two-three months.

Quoting robibuni:

I just kinda figure I'm not because it took us 16 months to get my DD2 that we have now, so I assumed getting pregnant again, it would take forever, if that makes sense.

And like I said, I'm 6 days "late" going by my last cycle that started on June 10th, and the only symptoms I've had, was some cramping late last week, into the weekend. I have no clue what's going on.

DH is convinced I'm not since my period has been so wonky for months and says there's no point in testing.

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
freemane
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM
If you are getting your period, even irregularly, odds are you are ovulating. However, with an irregular cycle it can be pretty hard to "catch" your ovulation. You can use basal body temp (yes, even with the kiddo getting you up to nurse at night) and track your mucus, but it could still be hit or miss... It couldn't hurt to take a pregnancy test just to check...
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I would test, since you can ovulate and get pregnant without having a period.
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Go to the dollar store and buy ten tests. You'll have them on hand for less.then what you would pay for one at the drugstorea,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)