Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

6 day old, bf for hour straight #Update#

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:55 AM
  • 43 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm going bananas. I love bfing but it takes her an hour to get full on my milk. And she keeps crying for more some times. I'm tired... New at this.

I just want my little miracle happy.

#UPDATE# 7-18
1 Week old today! Thank you everyone for the support. We have made it through and she's almost got her latch down. :) My milk supply is good and this morning she's up, ate, and not asking for my breast aat the moment. I'm sure after a half hour more she will because she's so happy and working up an appetite! Last night she nursed for an hour and a half (330am~5am) and woke me up at 7am for more. This is the first morning I've been able to have a full energetic baby and all my hard work paid off! She's got plenty of wet diapers and is going poopies! :) I'm proud. My husband is also so proud as I really thought he'd fight me about BFing because of how tired I get and mainly worried about her getting enough. But she's 7lb1oz and weighed 6lb 11oz on Monday! Yayeee!

She has also taught me! She worked hard too! :) I'm not giving up on her. Breast is best. :)

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schultzal
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry, I know it's exhausting. Just hang in there! What she's doing is totally normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this
This is quite normal, and will ensure your supply. You want to put her on every time she wiggles. The more she nurses, the more milk you will make. Diaper count tells you how much she is getting; you want a minimum of six per 24 hours, with a couple of quarter sized poops.
maybe80
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:05 AM
Thank you. I just want to cry. I wont give her formula. Shes asleep on my breast, eating, and cries right when I take her off. I need a shower and to at least another hour of sleep before her doctor app. :(

When will we get it together?

Quoting schultzal:

I'm sorry, I know it's exhausting. Just hang in there! What she's doing is totally normal.
maybe80
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Thank you, shes got a lot of wet diapers. We've bf 15x since midnight last night.

Im exhausted! :( but shes so cute!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

This is quite normal, and will ensure your supply. You want to put her on every time she wiggles. The more she nurses, the more milk you will make. Diaper count tells you how much she is getting; you want a minimum of six per 24 hours, with a couple of quarter sized poops.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:12 AM
1 mom liked this
The first six weeks are the toughest. During that time, you feed yourself, the baby, and anyone else too small to fend for themselves. Co-sleep if you can. The price of admission for any visitors old enough is food or chores.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Awwww... You sound like me, but add 30 minutes! My son would go 90 minutes at each time the first few weeks.

First, figure out how to nurse laying down. It will save your life. Secondly, have daddy/someone hold baby and bounce (standing) so you can shower. They are NOT allowed to bring baby in the bathroom (my husband used to do this and my son would see me and start to cry).

It gets better. You both are new at this. It takes practice for both of you to figure this out. That's why post partum recovery time is weeks long.

Visitors get a ticket to hold/touch baby only after helping mom - doing dishes, sweeping floors, changing laundry, bringing food. It does NOT help mommy to entertain guests if they are just stressing you out. :)
schultzal
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Honestly, it may be like that for the first 12 weeks. The 6 week growth spurt was the worst for us. I hope you have someone to give you a hand. Focus on you & baby for now. :)

Quoting maybe80:

Thank you. I just want to cry. I wont give her formula. Shes asleep on my breast, eating, and cries right when I take her off. I need a shower and to at least another hour of sleep before her doctor app. :(

When will we get it together?

Quoting schultzal:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buttercup627
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:25 AM
She might just be comfort nursing you could try a pacifier of you really need a break. It'd a better problem to have then latch issues...silver lining??
Aslen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:28 AM
6 days old is too early for a pacifier. She could risk nipple confusion

Quoting buttercup627:

She might just be comfort nursing you could try a pacifier of you really need a break. It'd a better problem to have then latch issues...silver lining??

buttercup627
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Those are cluster feedings :/ it's normal they have very little tummies sho they need to eaty frequently. You'll get through it by its hard

Quoting maybe80:

Thank you, shes got a lot of wet diapers. We've bf 15x since midnight last night.

Im exhausted! :( but shes so cute!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN