Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

6 day old, bf for hour straight #Update#

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm going bananas. I love bfing but it takes her an hour to get full on my milk. And she keeps crying for more some times. I'm tired... New at this.

I just want my little miracle happy.

#UPDATE# 7-18
1 Week old today! Thank you everyone for the support. We have made it through and she's almost got her latch down. :) My milk supply is good and this morning she's up, ate, and not asking for my breast aat the moment. I'm sure after a half hour more she will because she's so happy and working up an appetite! Last night she nursed for an hour and a half (330am~5am) and woke me up at 7am for more. This is the first morning I've been able to have a full energetic baby and all my hard work paid off! She's got plenty of wet diapers and is going poopies! :) I'm proud. My husband is also so proud as I really thought he'd fight me about BFing because of how tired I get and mainly worried about her getting enough. But she's 7lb1oz and weighed 6lb 11oz on Monday! Yayeee!

She has also taught me! She worked hard too! :) I'm not giving up on her. Breast is best. :)

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Replies (41-43):
maybe80
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Thanks, and congrats to you too!

Quoting isaacsmommy68:

Congrats on the new one. This is sooo normal. The first 2 weeks are hell. No one tells you that when you leave the hospital with your little one. You will get a routine together and it will get better. When you combine hormones and lack of sleep, you can feel very overwhelmed. Good luck. Stick to it. It is so worth it and it does not last forever.  Sleep when you can and let everyone else do the other stuff (diapers, cleaning, etc)

hugs

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Way to go, both of you! Keep in touch, let us know if ee can be of more help.
maybe80
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Thank you. Ive already got a list. Mostly about bottles and pumping for future. I am blessed to have found this group.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Way to go, both of you! Keep in touch, let us know if ee can be of more help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN