Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Return of my cycle.....

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 11 Replies
And it's hell. :-(

Is it normal for the first cycle(or couple) to be miserable? I've NEVER had cramps this bad. I'm also soaking through a super tampon and pad in about 2 hours. I started bleeding yesterday morning, but the heavy stuff just hit last night.

Mags is 7 months today, and started eating table food a couple weeks ago. So I knew this was coming, but man, it SUCKS.
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:37 AM
It can be. Just be sure you stay hydrated and fed. You might want to take some extra vitamins, particularly iron, too.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM
My first 2 or 3 periods, after every one of my four babies, has been off the hook like that. I've been doubled over with cramps and bleeding so heavily I always think it must be a miscarriage. I soak through super tampons and I wear heavy pads at the same time. It has shocked me every time. And it doesn't help that my cycles are 17-45 days so the second and third periods are as much as a surprise as that first. :-(
kss12
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM
YES! This happened with me when I got my cycle back. I joked that I bled enough to last me a few months.. And it was true. I got an extremely heavy period that lasted 4 days, then once it was over I didn't have a period again for another 4 months.. Then it started back up extremely heavy.. Now it's normal! Good luck!!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Oh, yes, the "please kill me now" feeling?

At least you're home. I was out of state on a business trip.

And the company uniform included khaki pants.

JenB1983
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Oh geeze.  LOL  Yeah well, I wore white shorts yesterday because it had just been light spotting.  Thankfully I had changed into PJ's before the floodgates opened.  Im in a dress today though, I dont want anything near my gut.

Quoting gdiamante:

Oh, yes, the "please kill me now" feeling?

At least you're home. I was out of state on a business trip.

And the company uniform included khaki pants.

mnmbaby
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I feel for you. I've been having cramps for a few days now and am just waiting for the rest. Right now, I just want to curl up and sleep because my head hurts, I'm cramping bad, and I feel so bad that I don't want to eat. My DD is 8 1/2 months and this will be my first PP period, and I want it over before it's even started.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM
So far every period has pretty much been like that. I've only had four though.
mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM
My first 2 were just like this. The last 2 were more of my normal. Still a very heavy day, which is not typical for me.
JenB1983
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM
DD has also been extremely fussy at the breast.....yelling and smacking it as though she's frustrated. She's also nursing CONSTANTLYand with me hurting so much, I donteven want to be touched. :-(

Screw you Mother Nature.
Rosamaria101
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I still havent had anperiod and im dreading when it will come. My Ds is a year old now and self weaned a week and a half before his birthdy. Im also on nexplanon. (The implant in the arm) Im hoping it doesnt come back... Fingers crossed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)