Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Sex Drive????

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

Where did it go? This is my 3rd baby, but first time nursing. I have no drive at all. My poor husband is being a sweetheart about it, but I feel bad. My son is 4 months now (I also have a 6 and 4 year old). I am tired, but I have never felt like this before. I also had a tubal litigation at my C-section, so I wasn't sure which of these caused it. Not to mention I gained tons of weight that I have not been able to lose....Maybe it is a combination of all of the above...lol I am just curious if BF and low libido are related.

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this

It is indeed all of the above. Sex drive is greatly related to your body's readiness to reproduce, also. If you formula fed before, then your body was ready to go and make more babies faster because it thought the previous babies didn't make it; it got no signals it understood.  This time, it knows there's another baby to support.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
:-/ A breastfeeding mother's body is well aware that a baby is tapping resources and isn't exactly in a hurry to make another baby. Been there, done that, with all 4 of mine. Usually when they're starting solids sometime between 6 and 9 months, it's gotten a bit better. But even still, for me, I need a glass of wine to help flip the switch in my head from mommy to woman. My dh knows my deal, lives it up during pregnancy and then waits until the baby is older to expect much from me.
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
My libido comes back as soon as my fertility does.

My husband is understanding.
lifeforchrist
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

that's natures way. You're body wants to ensure the survival of the baby you already have, so its in no hurry to get pregnant again!

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably all of the above. I'm almost 9 months PP and have zero sex drive still. I've been doing the sex for a year challenge (you're just supposed to do it every single day) because that's supposed to kind of kickstart your drive, but so far no luck with that... Hubby's happy though, lol.

Good luck!

destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Bf def sucks the sexy out of me.
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Sex for a year?! God bless you. Maybe bc I'm breastfeeding & have no sex drive, but that sounds like a major chore.

Quoting Zazayam:

Probably all of the above. I'm almost 9 months PP and have zero sex drive still. I've been doing the sex for a year challenge (you're just supposed to do it every single day) because that's supposed to kind of kickstart your drive, but so far no luck with that... Hubby's happy though, lol.

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbysqd
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad I'm not the only one. :/
ninastone
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Glad I am not alone. I have ZERO interest in sexy time. Lol

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Haha well that's the challenge, but no my goal was a month... And yeah so far it's been nothing but a chore, which seems REALLY counter productive, but hopefully it'll start working sooner or later.

Quoting lillybug222:

Sex for a year?! God bless you. Maybe bc I'm breastfeeding & have no sex drive, but that sounds like a major chore.

Quoting Zazayam:

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN