Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In a jacuzzi? Seriously?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
  • 9 Replies

So I was just watching Today and they are running through headlines.  

One was that a woman was upset after she was asked to stop breastfeeding her son IN a jacuzzi.  The place's "no food or drink" policy was cited as the reason.  

I tried to find more information on this and while I couldn't find the specific incident mentioned, I did find other instances of women asked not to breastfeed IN public pools.  

Honestly, when I heard this all I could think was, "Why was your baby in a jacuzzi?"  

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mommabearbergh
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Why breastfeed in a public pool or jacuzzi people pee in there and other stuff. That's just gross
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Ummm. Yeah. The safety of a child in the jacuzzi eould be my biggest concern too. I can understand not nursing IN a pool too. It just doesn't sound safe to me. Too many people. Its not controlled like it is nursing in the tub at home. I mean just hop out to nurse.
PartyOfCuatro
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah the issue isn't breastfeeding but being in a jacuzzi while doing it.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM
There is a difference between a jacuzzi (just air jets) and a hot tub. So which was it. I can understand having a baby in a jacuzzi... Aiden would think it was funny. Edited to add but I wouldn't breaatfeed in there. That would just be weird.
anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

The word used on television was jacuzzi but the word used in the article I finally found was hot tub.  I've honestly never run across a jacuzzi in a public place.  I've only seen hot tubs with jets.  

Here's the article I found (it's not highly informative.)  

http://1079ishot.com/lifeguard-demands-mother-stop-breastfeeding-in-hot-tub/

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

There is a difference between a jacuzzi (just air jets) and a hot tub. So which was it. I can understand having a baby in a jacuzzi... Aiden would think it was funny. Edited to add but I wouldn't breaatfeed in there. That would just be weird.

rachellaree20
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I always thought there was an age limit for jacuzzi/hot tubs.  Every one I've seen children aren't allowed to get in them because they can overheat.  I don't think breastfeeding the child is the biggest issue here IMO.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM
This. I've never seen a public one that allowed children under 12.

Quoting rachellaree20:

I always thought there was an age limit for jacuzzi/hot tubs.  Every one I've seen children aren't allowed to get in them because they can overheat.  I don't think breastfeeding the child is the biggest issue here IMO.

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM

This here too. All the ones here are 12 and up that I've seen. 

Quoting K8wizzo:

This. I've never seen a public one that allowed children under 12.

Quoting rachellaree20:

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008), Caidence(2010), Baby3 (2013). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF & EH, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Ok, I do NOT have an issue with this one.  An infant has no business IN a hot tub/jacuzzi.  That water is way too hot for them and just being in it can be dangerous. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)