Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How old is your baby?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hw old is your nursing baby? Do you get comets from people? 

Faith is 17 months old and nurses 5-7 times a day. I get comets all the time. People think she is to old because she can ask for it. I just push it off and talk a lot to my mom. She nursed all 4 of us until 2 - 2.5 when each of us were done. 

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you for sticking with it! Both of mine nursed well into toddlerhood, and weaned themselves.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
And a huge hug for your mom, too!
OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you! I nursed my older 2 until they self weaned at 2.5yo.

My baby is 10 months I will nurse her until she self weans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chirpymama87
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
My baby girl Josie is 8.5 months old. :)
I get comments from my parents to wean her cause I've started school in the evenings and she doesn't take a bottle and hates pumped milk and formula. Soooo... It's kinda rough.

lulu_tattoos
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
6 months today. We already get mixed reviews. Mostly people who just passively say things like "i couldn't do it for that long" or things like that. no one has been brave enough to say anything rude to my face. I've also has positive comments as well. My MIL has been one of my biggest supporters though. She commended me for making it through his first two teeth :)

If anyone says anything negative, I simply tell them that its really important to me that he be as healthy as he can possibly be and that means breastfeeding for a while longer.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:33 PM
My son will be thirteen months. I think my MIL has finally just accepted that I am not weaning. Now if she would just accept that I'm not ready for him to spend a night away from me. Now my mom is a different story. She said he was too old to be on the "tit" at six months. As two weeks she said my milk wasn't good enough. And shortly after that she said he was too skinny because he didn't have rolls. So pretty much I just don't talk to her about any of it and she has no clue that he is still nursing.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Quoting chirpymama87:My baby girl Josie is 8.5 months old. :)
I get comments from my parents to wean her cause I've started school in the evenings and she doesn't take a bottle and hates pumped milk and formula. Soooo... It's kinda rough.

Some babies will hold off until they can nurse directly. As long as her diaper count is good, and she has unrestricted access to the breast when she is with you, she can have water and solids when you're at school. Small pieces of meat, fruit and vegetables will work, where she can feed herself.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM

7 months!  If they commented I don't care.  (:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

chirpymama87
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Oh that's what I told my parents. I also was very firm that I am not weaning her because they say so. Dictating when I nurse is a no no. Only person who should is my daughter. Lol

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Quoting chirpymama87:My baby girl Josie is 8.5 months old. :)

Some babies will hold off until they can nurse directly. As long as her diaper count is good, and she has unrestricted access to the breast when she is with you, she can have water and solids when you're at school. Small pieces of meat, fruit and vegetables will work, where she can feed herself.
BlessedMammaof2
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I've got a two year old and five week old boys both nursing. No comments from strangers only stares. I've gotten comments from family but I find that they're more curious than anything. My DH doesn't like that I NIP covered or not but I wouldn't let him stop me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN