Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Hw old is your nursing baby? Do you get comets from people? 

Faith is 17 months old and nurses 5-7 times a day. I get comets all the time. People think she is to old because she can ask for it. I just push it off and talk a lot to my mom. She nursed all 4 of us until 2 - 2.5 when each of us were done. 

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Replies (21-26):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM

My "baby" is 2.5 years old.  I'm sure it shocks some people when they hear she's still nursing.  I think most people we know know better then to comment on it.  Luckily most of my friends think it's awesome I'm still nursing.  I think my mom and grandma think I'm nuts lol but theyy don't say anything about it.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Never got any comments ever. Would have ignored them if I did.

Wouldn't have minded getting comets, though I'm not sure if my freezer is big enough for a dirty chunk of ice. **grin** (Sorry, too much time at Comic-Con tonight and I got punchy!)

xxMichellexx
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM

My first, a DS self weaned at 10 months because I was pregnant and he went off my bm.. 

my second DS i fed til he was 13 months because I was pregnant and with both under aged two I was getting to exhausted so weaned.. I was working full time as well...

my third DS i fed til he was 14 months...

my fourth a DD I fed til she was 14 months 

my fifth a DD is 7 months old today and I am planning to feed her til at least 12 months and no less than that.. She may feed past 14 months because she loves bf time and is a comfort feeder as well... 

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM

DS is 15 mos. I was recently at the magic kingdom, & I went to the nursing station to get out of the HEAT! Lol. & there was a lady nursing her baby, & her reaction was unexpected. " OMG your still nursing!" "He has teeth!".  I started laughing, & ds started laughing cause I was laughing. I think we made her feel stupid, lol. I told her, he doesn't need his teeth to nurse. My ds is really tall too so he looks older.

robibuni
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM

My DD will be 17 months in about a week and a half. She nurses a lot in the mornings (evidently its her favorite time), and at nap and bed time!

I'm anxious to see how her nursing habits will change with me now being pregnant. No one has ever made comments about her nursing in public, though we don't really need to as much, in public now. If there's "real" food around, she's acting like a starved person and forgets about nursing!

Jenndill
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Mine will be 2 next week. I nursed her until 18 months. I would have gone longer, but I got pregnant. She had already weaned during the day. Severe nausea, her starting to sleep through the night, and nipple discomfort were all factors in her weaning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)