Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
That our 2 month old only needs breast milk?

My DH wants to start feeding our 2 month old DS baby food, baby cereal, and some adult table foods like mashed potatoes. He also wants to give him formula again. He keeps pushing it and pushing it. He keeps saying things like that it will make him sleep better and longer at night, he won't be as hungry/ eating as often, it will make him happier because he won't be as hungry, and it won't make him as gassy. The other day I caught him dipping his finger in ice cream and sticking it in our 2 month olds mouth and dipping his pacifier in tea and giving it to him. He just won't quit. As a result my DS doesn't nurse as often as he used to, especially after my DH has him. He thinks giving him stuff like that will help me by giving me a break from nursing all of the time, even after failed attempts of telling him that if I had to I would nurse 24/7 just to give my son the best.

How can I make him realize that our DS doesn't need anything other than breast milk? I am so tired of being alone in this decision of only giving him breast milk. I have fought and fought to make my point and stand my ground on not giving in anymore, and all that does is start fights and "secrets" (he gives him stuff when I'm not around or he thinks I'm not paying attention). I have caught him or found out through my oldest telling me that he did.
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Replies (21-21):
mamabens
by Miranda on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:18 PM

After reading the replies it sounds like him sneaking food to the baby is the least of your problems!  Run! Run fast & file for custody the day you leave! He's trying to scare you & chances are he has NOTHING to back himself up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)