Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Milky!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Can someone please tell me why this product is not for pregnancy? If it is organic herbs and all I don't understand how it is bad during pregnancy.

My other question is...has anyone tried it yet? Is it any good as far as taste? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Many herbs are not safe during pregnancy because a higher amount crosses the placenta than what would pass into breastmilk. I'm guessing it's something to help produce milk? You cannot do that during pregnancy--the delivery of the placenta sets in motion the hormone cascade that signals milk production.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Nevet tried it, but not all herbs are safe for pregnancy. If it has fenugreek, for instance, you shouldnt take it during pregnancy.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I think there is one kind... milk plus two or something. But unfortunately pregnancy hormones kill supply and it can't be brought back to a full supply until after delivery.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Many herbs are not safe during pregnancy because a higher amount crosses the placenta than what would pass into breastmilk. I'm guessing it's something to help produce milk? You cannot do that during pregnancy--the delivery of the placenta sets in motion the hormone cascade that signals milk production.

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:24 PM

That's the one made my Tia and Tamera Mowry right? It has fenugreek in it which is a no no during pregnancg. Besides there is nothing you can do now to do anything about your supply, so there would be no point in taking it. 

Clemency3
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Yea I know that. I just wanted to drink one just so I could tell if I liked it or not that's all. But I guess I gotta wait. 

Quoting jjchick75:

That's the one made my Tia and Tamera Mowry right? It has fenugreek in it which is a no no during pregnancg. Besides there is nothing you can do now to do anything about your supply, so there would be no point in taking it. 

CafeMom Tickers
Clemency3
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Thank you to all for clarifying I didn't realize that some herbs could be harmful to pregnancy...with them being natural and all i would have never guessed. Thanks again!

CafeMom Tickers
aygonzales
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Not all natural things are good during pregnancy. Coffee is natural and you are really not supposed tho drink that either
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN