Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to a WIC bf'ing class yesterday..

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

And it was much more informative than the 1 i went to 6 yrs ago! I talked a lot, the book a lot of you mentioned helped give me so much info! "so that's what they're for".....i'm over 100pgs in and it's great! I think I've got the basics covered, and want to read my other books I have waiting for me.

So thank you to all for your continued support! Less than 8wks until dd3 makes her arrival. I still have to have the breastfeeding talk (or not?) with dh. Even my MIL asked if i needed new bottles :(

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM

That's great :)

DirtyHippyMama
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM
That's awesome!!! Does your husband not want you to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

not exactly sure....i tried with dd1 (hannah) and pumped for 3 weeks....dd2 i pumped a week. he knows i went to the class and i've joked around saying i was gonna squirt him and stuff LOL but never actually said "yes i plan on breastfeeding" so i might just spring it on him when baby is born. he is really stubborn and i hope when i go back to work (when baby is 3mos) he wont have any issues

DirtyHippyMama
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM
You live rather close to me don't you? It would be a drive but if you have any issues my boss is an ibclc so you could always come see her! I bet you will do great!

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

not exactly sure....i tried with dd1 (hannah) and pumped for 3 weeks....dd2 i pumped a week. he knows i went to the class and i've joked around saying i was gonna squirt him and stuff LOL but never actually said "yes i plan on breastfeeding" so i might just spring it on him when baby is born. he is really stubborn and i hope when i go back to work (when baby is 3mos) he wont have any issues

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybe80
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM
You can always ask MIL for breast pump and bottles for breast milk.

I'm new at this too! 1wk in and baby is doing so good. I plan to give her breast milk in bottles after awhile so I can get a pt job. That's going to add an ache in my soul! But gotta do it. ;)
Devious333
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Your dh needs to support your decision. Find statistics on FF babies vs BF, and show him all of the wonderful things that bfing does!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarajordan2008
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't pump for a while. Just nurse. We have 1 bottle in our house. Thats the statement I made when I had Becca. She NEVER ha done until 10 months...and she gagged on the nipple. MIL bitched that she couldn't bond...wah. Dh didn't care either way, he never fed her. After just pumping for Carson (his milk had to be thickened due to aspiration), I was sooo happy to nurse a baby on demand and not worry about adding a scoop of formula and thickener so th ebaby wouldn't aspirate and wouldn't drop further on the growth chart. You will do GREAT! Whatever choices you make, make them for yourself and baby...not to please someone else!
Koux
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:11 PM
"The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" is another must-read, IMO. It helped me a ton! And if you have doubts, I would talk to your hubby about it. It doesn't have to be a big deal, just say, "you know I plan on breastfeeding, right? Do you have any questions about it?". It will ease your mind and help him to know what to expect.
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM

i'm in NW part of the state and i think you are in the South right? that would be a bit of a drive and i would probably go crazy lol, i have a local friend who said she would help :)

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

You live rather close to me don't you? It would be a drive but if you have any issues my boss is an ibclc so you could always come see her! I bet you will do great!

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)