Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

six months and no interest on baby foods

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 24 Replies

Does anyone have an idea my six month old won't eat at all any baby foods she still nurses every four hours her diaper count is good, i'm just worried she won't take anything I've offered baby cereal with my pumped milk and she refuses to take it I've tried Gerber fruits most of them and same thing could this be normal???? anyone out there with the same issue, please help any advice thanks..

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schultzal
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Food before one is just for fun. No need to worry or try to make her eat.

We do baby-led weaning, so no cereal or purées. My daughter wasn't really into actually eating anything until about 8 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Prinjenni
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM

thanks for the info won't feel that worried anymore thanks

jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
She wants the good stuff ;)
Nothing to worry about before you know it shell be wanting anything and everything. before a year food is just for fun, no worries mama
Ptitchou
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Because it's gross? No, I don't know. My almost 8 month old isn't interested in anything but the boob. And I'm sorta awesomely ok with that. I'll take less stinky cloth diapers for 10000. Lol.

Maybe read up on baby led weaning? Luckily, there's no need to worry as long as baby keeps nursing:)
Prinjenni
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

thanks to all for the advice now I'll have a little peace in mind I was just really worried since pediatricians say they should start solids at six months but thanks again for the info to all mamas

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Totallh normal. Mine werent ready. Have you looked into baby led solids?
Bitemebetty
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:29 AM
My 10.5 month has little to no.interest in food.I don't worry to much since he gaining and healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Google baby led solids. Cereal isn't needed at all, nor are purees.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Very normal. Six months is the minimum age for starting solids, and many babies are not ready until later. Look up baby-led solids. Purees and spoon feeding are not necessary. Also, cereal is no longer recommended; before one year of age, babies lack the enzyme necessary to digest grains. In addition, the artificially fortified baby cereal binds with the iron in breastmilk, causing none of it to be absorbed, which leads to anemia. Before one year, breastmilk should be the main source of nutrition; solids are just for fun and not even needed on a daily basis. She will reach out and eat small cut up pieces of whatever you're eating when she"s ready.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:11 AM
My son is 7.5 months and we haven't started solids. He is starting to show some
Interest now. We are just going to give what we eat. Skip cereal. It's gross.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN