Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

'World Breastfeeding Week' Challenge Day 4: Your Inspiration

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 171 Replies

Today's activity is your inspiration.

Tell us who is your inspiration. Maybe it wasn't a person, maybe it was something you've read or saw. Tell us about it.

you rock

Many moms have someone they turn to for advice and support. Some have someone they look up to that have been an inspiration. It could be your mom, sister, friend, a movie star or even someone you met through CafeMom.

My inspiration has come from those moms on CafeMom who give quick tips like these for making sure your baby has enough wet diapers.

1. Counting wet diapers is the best way to know if your baby is getting enough breastmilk
  2. Instead of watching the clock, watch your baby for signs of hunger and offer your breast frequently
  3. Babies' tummies are very small, so don't be surprised if their intake seems similarly small

If you haven't signed up for the 'World Breastfeeding Week' Challenge you can do so here: Join us for 'World Breastfeeding Week'!! WIN a $25 gift card and other prizes. If you missed yesterday's post you can find it here'World Breastfeeding Week' Challenge Day 3: Share a Photo WIN a CafeMom

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM
My family is very pro breastfeeding, everybody nurses for at least a year, most go to 2 years. I have only received support for nursing. I'd have to say my Grandma is the biggest reason I breastfeed bc many years ago she decided to go against what her family said and nurse her 5th and final baby. She is the reason my family is so pro bfing. She's the reason I grew up in an ALL bfing family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Nicki on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

My kids are my biggest inspriation. I always want to do what's best for them, and give them the best things that I can. Breastfeeding included.

I had zero support with my first two, it was hard and I'm just proud of myself for making it as long as I did. With this baby, the ladies here in this group are wonderful and have helped so much. I haven't had any huge bumps in the road, but it's great having someone to turn to even with the silly little questions or concerns that pop up.

destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Mobile Photo

My son is my inspiration. Before he was born he was my heart and soul and reason for being. I couldn't imagine my life without his smiles.
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM
My real live ilfe inspiration is my cousin who nurses 3 kids to 20 months because it was the frugal thing to do. She cloth diapers cuz it's cheaper too, and is an attachment parent because that's what comes naturally to her. She hasn't researched any of these things just followed her own instincts with good advice

My inspiration online is all the moms who have battled tooth and nail to make their nursing relationships work and stick around to help other mamas on their journeys and dispel myths!
la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM

My inspiration is my children. I wanted them to have the best I could offer them.

jbyrd898
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I'm not sure if you would call it inspiration, but my hubby really encouraged me. He was much more open minded when we went to the breastfeeding class at the hospital, and he kept reminding me of all the benefits without being overly pushy and annoying. He is extra awesome!

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
My Husband. He has always supported me. He even has defended my right to nurse in public.
Manda12702
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Doing the best thing for my baby was my inspiration. But I have a very supportive husband, mother, father, mother-in-law, father-in-law, and friends. In fact, all of my friends are/did breast feed their babies (we all have kids 2 and under) so it just seemed natural to me. *shrug*
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM
My first inspiration are my kids!

People who have given me consistant support are my mom, stepmom, birthing instructor, husband (as much as he could), and my LLL friends. I continue to meet more and more friends who have given me inspiration, includings many mamas on here :)
Sarah725
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Many Mom's on Cafemom have inspired me with there encouraging words!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)