Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

'World Breastfeeding Week' Challenge Day 5: Breastfeeding Funnies

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 8:07 AM
  • 154 Replies

Share your funny breastfeeding stories with us.

sidesplittinglaughter

Sometimes we just need a good laugh to get us through a rough time, especially when it comes to breastfeeding it seems. What better way than to share personal stories.

If you haven't signed up for the 'World Breastfeeding Week' Challenge you can do so here: Join us for 'World Breastfeeding Week'!! WIN a $25 gift card and other prizes. If you missed yesterday's you can find it here: 'World Breastfeeding Week' Challenge Day 4: Your Inspiration

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 8:23 AM
7 moms liked this

I think my best story was this past year.  I thought I was going to have a confrontation!

I was in Wal-Mart with my husband and five kids.  The  baby was hungry and needed fed, but we weren't done shopping.  My husband took the kids to finish up, while I found a bench at the front of the store to sit down and nurse.  I don't use a cover, though use my shirt to cover.

I was a bit nervous that someone might say something and I was getting a lot of people looking/noticing.  I was ready for the challenge.  :)  I know the law and what my rights are - I have been waiting ever since a lady at an eyeglass shop made me feel 'dirty' when I asked to nurse in a chair.  . . . Anyway, a mother with a pre-teen walked in and took a look.  She gave me a VERY stern look and began to point her finger and shake it at me.  

Then, very firmly, she said, "GOOD JOB!!  Good for you!!!"  And went on her way!

Mequis
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM
4 moms liked this
the funniest thing at this moment is growling pit bull sounds my one month old makes when attempting to latch on.
destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 8:58 AM
5 moms liked this
I think its funny when my son goes to latch on and giggles and smiles like my boob is his best friend he hasn't seen in years. Lol.
Mamaslilbear10
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Everytime my lil Noah goes to latch on and gets on there he makes lil nom nom nom noises.ll its too cute.
Kinda funny too, but more cute than anything...
lexiloo714
by Alexa on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I always attempt to feed my daughter before i pump to relieve some of the pressure, sometimes she just isn't hungry. But when i set her down next to me while i pump she glares at the pump! It's really funny lol

Also there are times when she's over tired or just crabby and gets angry when she can't latch on well because she's crying, so she balls up her little hands into fists and grabs my boob and puts it all in her mouth and scream into it. sometimes she even starts punching my breast lol
ninastone
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmm... I don't have many funny stories, but I sure think it is adorable when my 6 month old grabs both of my boobs and rests his head on them, like they are the greatest thing he has ever seen.

LilliansMama27
by Candy on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I love the huge smile my 7 month old makes when we're laying down to nurse. Like she's a little fussy then I pull my boob out and she's all smiles and opens up wide like "YAY! BOOOOOBIE! NOM NOM NOM" lol

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

hopeandglory53
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I absolutely love it whenever I'm nursing Tori, and daddy comes up and says "I'm going to steal that" and she just hangs onto it for dear life and gives him a look like "I don't think so, mister!"

gizmo538
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

My sister was going home and she went to kiss my son goodnight, not realizing that I was nursing him at the time. His head wasn't covered but I had my boob covered pretty well.

It wasn't until after she kissed his head that she noticed and she was like, "Oh my gosh, why didn't you tell me? That's so gross!!!"

We all laughed at her.

Then the next day her husband said, "When are you gunna nurse that baby so I can kiss him goodbye?"

mrssummerlin
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I wish I had one... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)