Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

You are STILL breastfeeding!?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 28 Replies

now that my son is 1, people think that they have the right to tell me its time to wean or that I should have stopped this "nonense" several months ago. What are some ways to defer these comments? I don't want to say what I'm thinking, which is quite ugly because most of the comments I get are from coworkers or family. So any suggestions?

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I would just ignore them or tell them to fuck. ESP my family. Lol
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't discuss it with them. It's none of their business.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
"The American Academy of Pediatrics and the World Health Organization recommend breastfeeding through age two and beyond if desired."
Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Tell them you're sorry this country has skewed the views on breastfeeding so bad that it has caused them to look ignorant.
pedritosmama
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM

"My body, my choice."

michaelsmom25
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Awe I'm sorry. I breastfed until my son was 2 1/2. Most people were encouraging. I had maybe two or three people voice their opinion. I just shook my head and laughed at them. To me its quite hilarious that people have the audacity to tell you what to do with your body.
thriftymom35
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I personally don't do it that long but I think it's a personal choice and don't frown on it at all, and even if i did i would never voice it, it's rude........
Nadali
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I get asked that a lot and I just say yes and smile. I give no explanation at all, and people usually don't say anything else. My mother in law just asked me yesterday. It's funny though because her daughter nursed all her kids until 2.5 to 3 years and my mother criticized it but my sister n law didn't care what she said and I don't either. :)
Oh, and my little one is 17 months :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToolArmy066
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I still occasionaly bf my almost 3 year old, if i mention it in conversation they just give me a look. Either ignore them or tell them to fuck off.
levansbx
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Mine is over two years old.

Quoting ToolArmy066:

I still occasionaly bf my almost 3 year old, if i mention it in conversation they just give me a look. Either ignore them or tell them to fuck off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)