Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

You are STILL breastfeeding!?

Posted by   + Show Post

now that my son is 1, people think that they have the right to tell me its time to wean or that I should have stopped this "nonense" several months ago. What are some ways to defer these comments? I don't want to say what I'm thinking, which is quite ugly because most of the comments I get are from coworkers or family. So any suggestions?

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
junebaby11
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
This mines just over 2

Quoting levansbx:

This. Mine is over two years old.

Quoting ToolArmy066:

I still occasionaly bf my almost 3 year old, if i mention it in conversation they just give me a look. Either ignore them or tell them to fuck off.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
If they ask you how much longer you will be bf your child, tell them that you will do it right before he walks to get his high school diploma, and then when he comes home on weekends from college to do his laundry! LOL
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I don't even respond to comments like that, I just change the subject or walk away.

aimkins18
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Nursing my 22 month old. My breasts, my baby, stfu!
shaylas3
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I have the same problem. my son is 13 mo. I tell people Iam feeding until he is two. And when he bites me they say give him a bottle, he's to old for that, that's ridiculous and so on. And really it just depends on my mood and how many times that ignorant person has popped off at the mouth. Sometimes I give them facts or tell them to fuck off. I don't feel I need to justify myself to anyone.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I normally just tell people to mind their own business. "Are they your boobs? Is he your baby? Then mind your own fucking business." Maybe without the explitive.

My daughter is 20 months old and I am trying to get her weaned before my new baby comes. She is only nursing at night before bed but I am hoping for a break before I have to spend another 2 years nursing another one.

CafeMom Tickers

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell them to go away. A one year shouldn't be weaned. I've never met a baby that could completely feed themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenndill
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:15 AM
I would tell them, "I am doing what is best for my family (or my daughter/son). So, don't worry about it!"

I breastfed my daughter well past a year.
jheli
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this

doctors recomend not to stop breastfeeding until after 1yr and 6months but the first 2yrs are vital and essential for their health and their less likely to get sick. pull out the statistics and facts ppl will shutup quicker than they can say hello. helps you realize why you still do it and educates people which then your doing a public serivce for the rest of us breast feeding moms. ! :)

MichaelsCasey
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:29 AM
I nursed my daughter until she was about 2 1/2. Not many people said anything but if they did I just gave them a sugary sweet smile and thanked them for their opinion. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)