Tough Decision.... Input please. (Kinda Long)
So breastfeeding has been a long road for me and my son. In the hospital it was great, he definitely favored one side though. He slowly decided he didn't want to eat unless it was with a shield, which was fine because he was still eating so I was happy. The day we were able to leave the hospital was definitely the hardest on me and baby. My milk still hadn't come in and he was getting barely anything at all so of course he got upset and so did I, for that night we gave him formula, because he had to eat. The next day my milk had luckily come in, and all was going good for like a week/week in a half when I got mastitis, we still went strong through all of that and the infection went away. Then it came to the point where he wanted to eat constantly, as in eat on both boobs and want to keep going so I would have to keep switching back in forth for hours and I just didn't have enough for him, thats when we decided to supplement him and give him formula along with breastmilk, and he was doing fine until he started not liking the boob as much but would still take it. The last time I breastfed him he ate for about 10 min. and got irritated and didn't like it anymore. Since that day he has been drinking from a bottle, we still give him formula and I give him what I pump which is not much. I want to try to re-introduce the boob and see what he does, but im afraid of the outcome of him totally not taking it at all. I know there is nothing wrong with formula, its saving our lives right now, but get sad because i would love to still breastfeed but, he is just not staying full enough (either did my husband when he was his age) Has anyone been in/in the same boat and do you have any advice for me?