Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeeding Goals!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM
  • 44 Replies
  • What is/was your breastfeeding goal?
  • How long did you end up breastfeeding?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AspenD
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I was goint to stop breastfeeding or at least start weaning at 1 but my daughter had other plans so now I am still breastfeeding her but only when I am around so when I am at work she takes a sippy cup of milk and a sippy cup of water to daycare. My daughter turned 1 on the 9th I plan to do child led weaning.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:07 AM

1 - Till teeth

2 - 26 months (nearly two years after teeth).

SadieJames
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

My first goal: latching! I seriously worried, for no known reason while I was pregnant  : ). She was a preemie though so at birth I feared she wouldn't know show but she did!

Second goal: a week - so far so good but she had a PTT and ULT

Third goal: six months - met! She's 6 1/2 months EBF with 0 bottles. 

Fourth goal: one year - we look good,

Fifth goal: self weaning!

SadieJames
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

They always have other plans : ) darn kids ; )

Quoting AspenD:

I was goint to stop breastfeeding or at least start weaning at 1 but my daughter had other plans so now I am still breastfeeding her but only when I am around so when I am at work she takes a sippy cup of milk and a sippy cup of water to daycare. My daughter turned 1 on the 9th I plan to do child led weaning.

littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

My absolute minimum is one year. I don't have a maximum, or any goals after that. I nursed my first for 23 months. My second is 8.5 months, still nursing and going strong :)

ballerina.2006
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Goal- no formula (dad does feed pumped milk in a bottle out of necessity). Secondary goal- make it to 6 months.

We're 3 weeks :) so far it's the longest I've ebf!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:37 AM

My goal is a minimum of two years. We're at 17 months. :)

golther
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:10 AM
With my dd2 it was to make it to a year. We made it to 2 1/2 years old. I hope to make it to at least 2 1/2 years with my ds. He is just shy of 3 months.
naanaamoreno
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:11 AM
2 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and 2 years. Then self weaning. We are 1 month away from our 2 year goal! With my other children I either gave up at 6 months because I couldn't pump well at work or I supplemented out of fear because my son wasn't gaining. She's my 4th (and last) baby and the only one ebf. ❤
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:52 AM
My original goal with my second was by the time we got home from the hospital, because of the free formula. Then I had goals of 2 weeks, when I thought my nipples were supposed to be healed up, then three months, when my supply should be regulated and I wouldn't have engorgement anymore, when he started solid foods, and then 1 and 2 years. So far we're at a year and a half and I'm still hoping for two even though I'm pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN